With great power comes great responsibility….
Oh wait, that’s a quote from Spider-Man. However, it’s rather a fitting opening line for this blog post, because with this website, I have both power and responsibility. (And my kid happens to be wearing a Spider-Man t-shirt.) You see, I have the power to get my hands on some of the hottest toys for Christmas 2015, and I have the responsibility to tell y’all which ones are at the top of my list.
Friends, the LeapFrog Epic may just be number one. Discover the tablet experience that adapts as your child grows and offers endless possibilities for exploration, learning and play. And, if it can entice smiles like this –
You know I’m all over it.
Okay, so first things first. The LeapFrog Epic is the next generation of LeapFrog tablets. Suitable for ages 3-9, it’s a unique Android-based tablet experience that grows with your child. Featuring a customizable and playable homescreen and a safe, out-of-the-box web that expands when they’re ready to explore more, it’s the perfect union between fun and learning. In fact, I’ve never been so pleased to see Reid learn through play; the games are just addictive enough, the lessons pose the right amount of challenge and the gaming possibilities are virtually endless.
Why It’s A Top Pick for Christmas 2015 –
1. Ever-changing. With their interests. From the very moment the tablet is turned on, the LeapFrog Epic is engaging kids in learning through play. The homescreen is designed in a way that lets kids create their own custom tablet, using various art styles that reflect their age and mood. Yes, even the homescreen changes into a playable world! Kids can animate the screen with moving cars, floating balloons and more, and redesign it again and again with creative freedom.
2. Games that grow. As they grow. Presently, there are just enough built-in games and learning activities to hold Reid’s interest and attention. But as he grows and craves new and exciting challenges, I can access LeapFrog-exclusive content which includes games, apps, eBooks and more – all which encourage questions, foster curiosity and support critical thinking. And rest assured, even though the content is sold separately, there are no in-app purchases or harmful ads.
3. Explore more. When they’re ready. I’ll admit; handing my 5-year old a web-enabled device isn’t something I take lightly. That’s why I’m at peace knowing the LeapFrog Epic’s kid-safe web browser allows them the freedom to be independent and become decision makers, while guarding their safety. I can even can add URLs for school or other discovery pages, and advanced parent controls allow me to unlock a full web browser, when he’s ready. BONUS: I can set time limits and manage content access, too.
4. Built for kids. Built for the way kids love to play, the LeapFrog Epic comes with all the power I’d expect from an operating system based on Android 4.4. With a quad-core processor and brilliant 7” LCD screen, LeapFrog Epic tablet for kids delivers seamless performance for a child’s every adventure. The LeapFrog Epic tablet includes: 7” screen, 16GB memory, Wi-Fi, 2MP cameras, stylus and 20+ apps. (Wi-Fi, parent account and device set-up required to access all included content.)
5. The Statement Gift. Shopping for 3-9 year olds is difficult, especially when trying to balance both learning and play. The LeapFrog Epic, at a suggested retail price of $169.99, combines five (5) gifts in one – it’s a web-based tablet, a video game system, a learning and discovery toy, a camera and an e-Reader. And most importantly, your child will love it – almost as much as you do.
This Christmas, give the most Epic gift of all – the LeapFrog Epic. Click here to purchase yours today.