Happy New Year! 2015 is officially underway, and I am officially stoked! I have only one goal this year – make it the BEST year ever! (But no pressure, right?)
This January feels a *teeny* bit different from the past few years, in that my normal ramp-up time has poofed! into thin air. Whereas I usually have a month or two to get my bearings, send out pitches, sign contracts and line up work, I feel as though I’m already off to the races. And trust me, I’m not complaining! I’m incredibly grateful and so fortunate to know that my year is already shaping out to be a success. It’s a wonderful feeling!
So, what can you expect from me in 2015? As always, I’ll be multi-tasking to the extreme, and will be holding down a variety of “jobs”. I hope you’ll join me for the ride!
1. Mother: Employed since 2008, I will always have this role. It brings me the most joy, the most stress, and certainly the most fulfillment. (Although, I would never want to be subjected to a performance evaluation.)
2. Spouse: Employed since 2007, one of the easiest jobs I’ve ever had – but that may have something to do with the fact that I married my perfect match.
3. Writer: Oh blog, I just can’t quit you. Writing stories – right here on Listen to Lena, my favourite online space in the world – is something I can’t see myself giving up any time soon. Of course, this blog would be nothing without my readers. And to all those who take the time to stop by each day, I have nothing but love for you. Thank you.
4. Social Outreach: I belong to two amazing ambassador programs – #WalmartMomCA and #HBSocialKitchen. But, I’ll let you in on a not-so-little secret – I also manage both programs behind the scenes. Yes, they’re my babies! I conceptualized, presented and successfully negotiated the terms of both ambassador programs. And, working closely with amazing PR professionals and a talented group of online influencers, I’ll continue to lead the discussion and execute the monthly campaigns.
5. Social Media Consultant: Once again, I’ll be partnering with PR companies and brands to develop best practices for working with bloggers. With each passing year, blogger outreach becomes a larger part of a sound social strategy. (And, nothing could please me more!) In 2015, I’ll continue to champion bloggers who cultivate an honest following and use their influence with professionalism and intelligence. Wonder why I no longer collaborate with certain, ahem, mommy bloggers? Ain’t got no time for people who purchase followers and falsify their qualifications.
6. Twitter Party Host: After hosting / moderating over 100 Twitter Parties in 2014, and over 250 to date, it’s safe to say that I may have a party (or two) on the radar this year. Okay, okay – I actually have six (6) parties coming up in the month of January alone! For all those who join the parties, it wouldn’t be the same without you!
7. Family Travel: Of course I’ll be travelling with my family! As Transat Holidays’ Family Travel Expert, I’ll continue my press tour this season, encouraging Canadians to vacation in warmer climates. And, with an upcoming trip to Walt Disney World in February, the year is starting off on a magical note! (More details to come – look out for #MyMagic+ to follow our adventure.)
Thinking about it, I’ve never been more pleased to have seven jobs. Wishing you all a prosperous and productive 2015! As always, I’m only a tweet or comment away – be sure to stay in touch. I can’t wait to connect with you all and celebrate an amazing year filled with happiness! All the best, friends!