For the last three years, I’ve had a blog tradition – on my birthday, I’ve listed 31/32/33 things that I love. Last year, my list looked like this.
But today, I’m at a loss – after all, I’ve cumulatively listed close to 100 things I love! I’m running out of ideas. So this year, I thought I’d share 34 tidbits that you may not know about me. I mean sure, you know I have two little boys and spend a lot of time blogging, but did you know:
1. I have an irrational fear of all spiders after coming face to face with a tarantula when I was three years old.
2. In grade nine, I rolled my kilt to make it shorter (Catholic high school uniform, rolls eyes).
3. I love the spicy, pungent taste of raw garlic.
4. My feet are AAA width. It takes on average 254 days to find a shoe narrow enough to fit my grossly skeletal feet.
5. Before I became a mom, I was a Corporate Trainer for a Fortune 100 Company. I excel in the boardroom.
6. I check the time every 5-6 minutes. It’s a nervous habit I can’t seem to break.
7. I have the most annoying laugh in the world. Kind of like “donkey meets Fran Drescher”.
8. My high school boyfriend cheated on me with a stripper (and later, married her).
9. I love being the center of attention, but enjoy sharing the spotlight even more.
10. Nails on a chalkboard is fine. Cutting into a squeaky apple? Ugh!
11. I met my husband on Lavalife, an online dating service.
12. I don’t have a favourite vacation spot, because I’ve done very little travelling.
(As soon as the boys are a little older, I plan to rectify this.)
13. I’ve obtained a signed declaration from my hairdresser that at 34 years old, I don’t have a single gray hair.
Okay, I seriously can’t go on. Oh wait, I just thought of another one:
14. Although I like talking about the things I love, I have trouble talking about myself.
Have a great weekend friends! I intend to celebrate, as always, with cake and Coca-Cola!
Happy Birthday Lena.
Thanks so much Tricha – and thanks for being such an awesome reader!
Happy 34th Lena!!!! I wish you all the very best, today, and always! – and let’s not forget the copious amounts of cake and Coca-Cola!! :-D
Hahaha, I think I gained 5 pounds on sugary drinks alone. Still, worth it!!!
Great list! Have the happiest of birthdays!
Thank you Jenny! And thank you for always taking the time to stop by!
Happy 34th birthday, Lena!! ♥ Have a great day!!
Thank you Soozle!
happy birthday Lena! hope you have a great weekend! :)
Thanks Jennifer! So far so great!
(Also, the squeaky apple made me laugh. I find most people have pretty strange sound reactions.)
LOL! The squeaky apple gets me every time. Even worse – biting into one!
Happy Birthday! I’m not surprised to read #5, and hopeful when I read #11!
Aw, I am hopeful for you too! Back when I met my husband it was “taboo” to participate in online dating. My, how times have changed! xx
I’m in training also! Not sure why, but it always excites me to meet other corporate trainers. Anyways, enjoy the Coco-Cola on your birthday. It’s seriously one of my very favourite things on earth.
Thanks so much Crystal! Yes, I get excited to meet other trainers too, LOL!
How about ‘being hysterically funny’? You crack me up! Happy birthday!
Aw, love it. Thanks for all your support over the years!
Happy Happy Birthday! It’s not hard to believe you have a professional background because you’re so well spoken. In fact that’s one of the reasons your blog is so great, you write with finesse and professionalism.
I met my boyfriend on EHarmony!
You are awesome! Thanks so much! I’ll have to let my single girlfriends know that there’s hope for eHarmony!
1. I can understand a fear of spiders… I fear outer space- black holes, asteroids- all that stuff terrifies me
2. I rolled my kilt too!
3. I think that’s gross :p
4. I’ve never even heard of that!
5.I knew you were smart :)
6.At least you dont have some other compulsion-have you SEEN my strange addiction?!
7.You’re beautiful! You can get away with an annoying laugh :p
8. one word- gonorrhea
10. but squeaky apples are farm fresh- my favorite!!
11. My best friend met her husband online too!
12. I’m with you! A lot of my friends have been traveling- I’m getting the itch!
13.yay! I’m 30 now- and on the lookout… so far, I’m clean too! (high five!)
14. I’m glad- if you had 34 tidbits about you- my fingers would be sore :p
Happy belated birthday!!
Oh Amy, how I do love your response! I actually sent the comment along to my hubby and he had a good chuckle with me!
And now I’m curious… you’ll have to send me an e-mail so I can see your strange addiction. If you’ve already mentioned it, I apologize, because it’s slipping my mind :) Don’t leave me hanging!
And… high five to being gray-free! xo
Oh no- not MY strange addiction- the show on TLC… I hate it, but still have to watch :s
There’s a lady that drinks her own urine, one that eats baby powder, a guy that has a “relationship” with his car… it’s nuts!
Oh! PHEW! Okay, now I get it. I hadn’t heard of that show! But now I’m thinking I may have to catch an episode… :)
Happy (belated) Birthday Lena! Love the little known facts about you, they are always so fun to read about people, especially people you know, and then you find out these things ~ what! haha. I met my husband online too! (a fishing forum, we weren’t matched exactly, but it was love at first sight!).
Cheers Lena :)
Thank you so much Deb! Ah, love that it was love at first sight… online!
Happy Birthday Lena!
#8 …What a nice thing to remember on your birthday.
So proud of myself that I know who Fran Drescher is. :p
Hahaha I’m proud of you too! Thanks so much darling!