It’s the beginning of a new year, and normally, this blog is spilling with news, views and reviews. However, this year is a little bit different. This year, I’m too busy packing.
THREE. MORE. DAYS.
In three days we’ll leave for Orlando, where we’ll embark on the majestic Disney Fantasy cruise ship for the inaugural Star Wars Day at Sea. This sailing marks the first official appearance of the heroes and villains of Star Wars aboard a Disney Cruise Line ship.
Star Wars Day at Sea is exclusive to the Disney Fantasy on select Western Caribbean sailings, January through April in 2016. Families will experience a day of intergalactic fun, including:
– A deck party featuring a Star Wars-themed show, plus music, dancing, lasers and fireworks
– A meet-and-greet with Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and other characters from the Star Wars galaxy
– A shipboard version of the Jedi Training Academy
– Star Wars-themed games and activities at Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab
– Screenings of the Star Wars films, including the only at-sea screening of Episode VII
I’m a wee bit excited. Okay, I’m a LOT excited. You *do know* I’ve been a Star Wars fan since 1985, yes? That’s over 30 years of geekdom.