“I have homework,” Ryder announced, bending to undo the velcro on his running shoe.
“It’s the second day of school!” my husband exclaimed, looking at me in confusion.
“Welcome to grade two,” I countered, already clearing off the dining table.
The dining table. The place where I completed my homework as a child, and the one place I’ve been trying to keep sacred now that the kids have resumed school. But, it’s a losing battle. Because my boys like to be near me; in the kitchen, in the heart of the home. Even though I’ve previously set up a “study area” in our second floor loft, I’m embarrassed to admit that the boys have never completed their homework there, opting instead to crash at the dining table as I fix dinner.
And just when I thought I was doomed to another generation of “dining table” students, I found the *perfect* solution at Grand & Toy!
Get ready to save on school and office must-haves. They’ve got a wide selection from the most popular brands, including everything I needed to create a homework nook in my dining room. I’m fortunate to have an open concept home, which means that I can have a separate table for the boys’ homework and a separate table to eat! Why didn’t I think of this sooner?
Grand & Toy offers stress-free and convenient online shopping for school essentials, especially those items that may have missed your back-to-school list. You can save on hundreds of supplies, large and small, with savings of up to 70% off select items. And, ordering is a breeze!
Here’s what I selected for my homework nook:
1. Star Quality Alnair Bench Desk. A durable work surface for the boys with a solid metal base, plus it has a scratch and dent-resistant finish (necessary for school-aged kids). It’s just the right size for two little students, and just the right sale price at $169.99!
2. Global Kats Armless Stacking Chair. Extremely eco-friendly, ultra-light, stain-resistant and durable – what more can I ask for in study-area chair? I ordered two, of course, and because they’re stackable, they’ll take up less space on my main floor. Even better: Made in Canada!
3. Iceland Rotary Desk Organizer. Because every desk needs an organizer, and this one is a steal on sale for just $8.39! Made with 90% post-consumer recycled plastic, it’s great for storing all our day-to-day stationery supplies.
4. Writing Instruments and Desktop Supplies. I ordered a bunch of home office and back-to-school supplies, all of which I found at sale (or competitive) prices.
5. Merangue Single Collapsible Bin. I have a feeling we’ll get A LOT of use out of these collapsible bins, and that’s why I ordered four! They’re perfect for use at home, in the car, or even as a reusable shopping bin. They’re currently on sale at $10.99!
6. Rubbermaid Deskside Recycling Bin. Can I get a woot! for all these sale prices? Just $5.00, it’s made with 25% post-consumer recycled resin (PCR), exceeding EPA guidelines, for an easy and effective way to separate and recycle waste paper.
7. Mr. Sketch Scented Markers. The original smelly marker! Of course I had to grab some!
It’s no secret that I’m an online shopping enthusiast, and shopping online at Grand & Toy allows me to spend less time fighting crowds, and more time planning my homier place for homework! Stay tuned for my big reveal. And, visit www.grandandtoy.com to save up to 70% off on popular office and school essentials.