I know, I know – right about now you may be having a deja vu moment – Didn’t she just come back from Orlando?
Yes, we did. In fact, memories of our Walt Disney World vacation are still front of mind! But when my family was selected by Mom Central Canada to participate in a Family Travel campaign with Visit Orlando, we just couldn’t refuse. After all –
1) We had a chance to experience Walt Disney World, which in itself is spectacular, but did you know that Orlando also boasts world-class dining, several renowned spas, more than 175 golf courses, a stellar combination of malls, boutiques and outlets (yay!), outdoor adventures like hang gliding and zip lining – and much, much more? After seeing how amazing our last family travel experience was, how could I deny the boys such adventures as LEGOLAND, Universal Studios and SeaWorld?
2) Orlando is THE perfect spot for a family vacation. Several airlines offer direct flights to Orlando and it’s only a 2 ½ hour journey from TO! Quick travel time makes it the perfect location for a long-weekend getaway (especially to escape the cold weather… brrr). You all know that if it’s going to work for my family, it has to be convenient. I love that we can be in a totally different climate – and give my boys totally new experiences – in less than the time it takes to watch two Disney movies.
3) I suppose the main benefit of visiting Orlando is that because there’s so much to do, everyone will find something to meet their vacation needs. From toddlers to grandparents, there’s always a day trip or night-time adventure to pique even the most discerning interests, and, you’re bound to discover a few new activities to bring you all together.
So, although I’d love to stay and chat, I really need to start packing! (The Eternal Procrastinator strikes again!) Here’s a sneak peek into some of the amazing places and attractions that have been built into our itinerary:
Our Home Away from Home – The Wyndham Grand Orlando: Play, relax, dream, escape, and be you. At the all new Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort, you will experience a spectacular hotel resort that will captivate your senses.
Our Scheduled Stops – LEGOLAND is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, attractions, restaurants, a breathtaking botanical garden and the all-new LEGOLAND Water Park.
Universal Studios – Go behind the scenes and jump right into the action of your favorite movies at Universal Studios Florida, the world’s premier movie and TV based theme park!
SeaWorld – The iconic attraction that takes families below the surface, immersing guests in the mysteries of the sea from up-close animal experiences and unforgettable performances.
Premium Shopping Outlets – 150 name-brand outlet stores offering everyday savings of 25% to 65%. The impressive list of outlet store names include Banana Republic, Burberry, Coach, CH Carolina Herrera, Fendi, Lacoste, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Zegna and much more.
And now… I’d really better start packing. Be sure to follow my tweets to keep up with our adventure. And, if you’re on Twitter, join us for a #VisitOrlando Twitter Party on Wednesday, January 30th at 9:00pm ET – you’ll have a chance to win AMAZING prizes!
And, if you already love what you see – in celebration of Family Day, Visit Orlando is offering Canadians a special travel package via Thomas Cook Kids First with up to $500 in added value, including:
- $50 Kids First Visa prepaid card
- $25 Indigo gift card
- $25 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card
- Free seat selection
- Free airport lounge pass
- Free kids activity book
- One year Today’s Parent magazine subscription
- Park ‘n Fly savings
Some restrictions may apply, but you can find all the details at VisitOrlando.com/FamilyDay.
Bon Vonyage friends!