See what I did there? FALL? I know, I’m hilarious!
Now that the kids have returned to school, pumpkin spice is everywhere and temperatures will inevitably return to (gasp) single digits, there’s no better time to start planning your next family getaway. Whether it’s tacked onto a long weekend in the coming months or over the winter holidays, a little planning is key when it comes to picking the perfect resort. So grab a PSL, huddle under a shaggy throw and get ready to fall in love with Mexico!
But, why Mexico? Let me count the ways:
1. Take advantage of daily flights from Toronto (and twice daily from October 28 – April 23!) with Air Canada Vacations. That means you can customize your family vacay to suit your schedule, tastes and budget; pop down for an extended weekend getaway or take a classic 7-day all-inclusive vacation. Mexico is conveniently a 4-hour flight from Toronto, so the choice is yours – plus, save BIG when you package your hotel and flights.
2. Mexico has one of the largest selections of family-friendly hotels in the Caribbean. With world-renowned resorts such as Grand Bahia Principe Tulum, Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe, in addition to the brand new, vibrant and exciting Hotel Xcaret, a family vacation to Mexico is sure to please kids of all ages and be the ultimate tropical getaway for parents, too.
Hotel Xcaret Mexico is more than just a resort, it’s a destination rich in history, art and entertainment. With the unique “All-Fun Inclusive” experience, you can enjoy unlimited access to the following parks: Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Xplor, Xplor Fuego, Xavage, Xoximilco and Xenses, as well as Xenotes and Xichen tours, food and beverages, transportation between parks and airport shuttle. WOW.
Of course, I’m mostly lured by the ten restaurants and eight bars at Hotel Xcaret Mexico. Ha’, the first Mexican to receive a Michelin Star, brings the concept of the Mexican gastronomy as a personal experience in an intimate atmosphere. The quickest way to my heart is through an impressive a la carte menu!
I’m happy to say that most of my culinary experiences in Mexico have been very favourable, and I look forward to indulging again.
3. Play and Play More with Air Canada Vacations. I know I’ve previously chatted about the benefits of the Air Canada Vacations Play program, but the perks are particularly sweet in sunny Mexico!
Resorts in the Air Canada Vacations Play program offer:
– Up to two kids aged 3-12 eat, play and stay FREE!
– Pre-boarding for families to make flying easier
– At the resort, a dedicated pool area or section for kids
– Supervised kids’ clubs and more!
You can also upgrade to Play More to receive all the benefits above PLUS seat selection at the time of booking for every member of the family (a value of $160 for a family of 4 or $40 per passenger) and a $10 in-flight meal voucher per family member, per way. That’s a $200 total value for only $39 per adult and $19 per child! (Play More must be purchased at the time of booking.)
4. Whether you vacation in Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen or Riviera Maya, there’s no shortage of sightseeing excursions, attractions, tours and day trips to experience. Fly over treetops on a zip-line, swim with dolphins or discover underground formations in cenotes and caves, explore the lush eco-parks and jungles, immerse yourself in the mystical Mayan culture or indulge in the vibrant local food scene. It’s all at your fingertips in Mexico!
5. Let Air Canada Vacations find the perfect package for you. Take advantage of their latest deals to Mexico and book your winter getaway now.
Is a family vacation in Mexico on your travel bucket list? Leave your questions in the comments – I’m happy to help! Worried that you don’t speak Spanish? I promise you’ll only need to know one phrase: una cerveza por favor!
This post is sponsored by Air Canada Vacations. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.