This year, I’ve been tasked with replacing not one – but TWO – family vehicles. Our leased cars are due back in the spring and summer, and over the past four years, our boys have grown from primary school kids to tweens to teens. Therefore, our “wish list” for a vehicle has evolved somewhat dramatically; having multiple interior power points and ports to charge the kids’ iPads and electronics is no longer a nice-to-have, it’s a must-have.
If you told me a few months ago that I’d seriously consider a Toyota Sienna, I would have raised my eyebrows in surprise. Then again, the all-new, all-hybrid 2021 Toyota Sienna has done much to pleasantly surprise me – in the best way possible.
Considered a technology leader for modern families, this boldly designed minivan raises the bar for style, safety, comfort, versatility and fuel efficiency. Quite simply, it’s what a next-generation minivan should be.
First impression: the styling is gorgeous. I expected the 2021 Toyota Sienna to be spacious – but I didn’t expect it to be sexy. The interior boasts a clean and streamlined design with a sleek dashboard, a 9-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system and the innovative Bridge Console, which is the key to allocating personalized space to the driver and front passenger.
Frankly, it’s stunning.
Here are five standout features of the 2021 Toyota Sienna.
1. Standard Hybrid Drive. The ability to benefit from hybrid technology without the usual high sticker price is BIG news, especially for young families who may be working with tighter budgets. The Toyota Hybrid System II delivers 245 total horsepower and a manufacturer-estimated 7.1 L/100km combined fuel consumption, with an all-wheel drive option, making the vehicle well positioned for road trips, on or off the grid.
We had the opportunity to test drive the 2021 All-Hybrid Toyota Sienna over the long weekend and one of the takeaway points is the range is incredible. We picked up and returned the vehicle 75km one way), did various porch drop-offs for loved ones throughout the city (more on that later), drove for the pleasure of experiencing the minivan for almost an entire day… and returned the vehicle with almost a full tank of gas, filling up just $10 of fuel as a courtesy!
2. Room to Grow. The available “Super Long Slide” second-row captain chairs slide 25 inches, providing unprecedented legroom and flexibility between the second and third rows. This is particularly attractive for multi-generational families, where space can be optimized for adult passengers – or families with tweens and teens, who impressively tower over their parents!
3. Plugged In. Got devices? The 2021 Toyota Sienna offers a variety of connectivity and entertainment features, including a whopping SEVEN USB ports, HDMI input, a 1,500-watt plug (available with the XSE Technology package) and more. Admittedly, my husband and I fought over the wireless charger in front – such a luxury for connected families on the go.
4. More seats, or more space. The 2021 Toyota Sienna has seating for 7-8 passengers, or, when needed, the third-row seats fold completely to allow ample cargo space. As a family of four, I’ve often questioned whether a minivan is “too much vehicle” for our needs. However, when considering:
– Curbside pickups to offset the rising costs of deliveries
– Post-pandemic carpools with teenagers
– Multi-generational family vacations/ road trips
– Transporting sporting equipment and instruments to keep up with the kids’ extracurriculars
– The convenience of kick-open and closed sliding side doors and rear gate
Suddenly, the 2021 Toyota Sienna isn’t just a plausible choice – it feels like the right one.
5. Safety. This could have, and maybe should have, been my first point. The 2021 Toyota Sienna is equipped with Toyota’s Star Safety System, which includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control (TRAC), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), and Smart Stop Technology (SST).
Additionally, 10 airbags, a pre-collision system, lane departure alert and lane trace assist help keep families safe and at ease on the road.
So, remember those porch drop offs I mentioned earlier?
We had the pleasure of driving the 2021 Toyota Sienna to my parent’s home to drop off some treats from our favourite bakeries in Burlington. We were all happy to see my parents (socially distanced, of course) and felt like we were on a mini road trip. The drive was smooth, comfortable and would be the perfect vehicle for a road trip. Thank you, Toyota Canada, for allowing us to experience this new vehicle while staying connected with family, safely!
For more information on the all-new, all-hybrid 2021 Toyota Sienna, visit www.media.toyota.ca or www.toyota.ca.
This post is sponsored by Toyota Canada. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.
Such a stunning car and so spacious as well. The Toyota Sienna would be great as a family car
I love my toyota. This one has a lot of features I love as a mom.
I’ve been a life-long fan of Toyota…they have great models that are stylish, affordable, and durable. The new sienna is stunning!
looks like a practical family ride! I’m looking for a bigger vehicle this summer, my kids are only getting bigger and in need of more space ;)
I’ll have to test drive one!
Super love the car, wow!!! I love Toyota, it is such a great brand. Great car!
Very nice looking car. Toyota’s are very reliable and affordable and this makes for a perfect family car!
The Sienna is such an awesome van. Love the new model!
That is a nice ride. It looks stylish and spacious too.
Haven’t seen Toyota Sienna in person yet. I would definitely love to experience driving this too! Looks very comfortable and spacious.