Whether your kids have returned to the classroom or are distance learning from home, one thing hasn’t changed: the need for simple, delicious meal ideas that your littles will love.
This season, I’ve once again teamed up with Burnbrae Farms – a family favourite! – to showcase easy recipes you can make with the kids (or, if you have tweens like me, that they can make on their own!). Burnbrae Farms’ prepared egg products are made with the same delicious shell eggs you love, they just require less time and effort so you can easily incorporate them into your daily routine.
With the tasty egg innovation products available from Burnbrae Farms, there’s simply never been a better time to “Break Out of Your Shell”!
CHEESY BREAKFAST BARS
Cheese, ham and egg goodness in a handheld breakfast bar – yes please! My husband, our resident breakfast chef, adapted the Western Bars recipe featured on Burnbrae Farms’ website. Using two types of cheddar, diced ham, veggies, EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original and a croissant base, he whipped up an easy and most delicious way to start the day!
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped ham steak
1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 cup shredded mild or medium cheddar cheese
8 old cheddar cheese slices
pinch turmeric, red pepper flakes and freshly ground pepper
1 carton (500 g) EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original, well shaken
Remember, EGG Creations! are Burnbrae Farms’ shell eggs but in a cracked, ready-to-cook format—all you have to do is shake and pour!
1. Heat oven to 375ºF (190°C).
2. Unroll crescent dough onto bottom of 13×9-inch pan; press dough to cover bottom of pan while firmly pressing perforations together to seal. Prick with fork at 1-inch intervals. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. While crescent dough is baking, heat oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add onions and peppers; cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in chopped ham and remove from heat.
4. Top crust with old cheddar cheese slices, ham and vegetables. Shake egg carton well. Pour EGG Creations! over vegetables and sprinkle with turmeric, red pepper flakes and freshly ground pepper. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until centre is set; cool 5 minutes before cutting into bars. Makes 6 servings.
Our boys enjoyed these bars with fruit at breakfast… and I enjoyed one with a green salad at dinner! Hey, we don’t always go by the clock when it comes to devouring eggs!
ANYTIME EGG SANDWICHES
Speaking of enjoying eggs anytime, thank goodness for EGG Bakes! EGG Bakes! are delicious crustless quiches, packed full of protein, that are ready in just 90 seconds. They’re the perfect mealtime solution when we’re too busy to crack an egg, and are so easy to make, our boys can prepare their entire meal from start to finish!
2 EGG Bakes! (pick your favourite variety!)
2 English muffins, toasted and buttered
2 slices oven roasted turkey breast
2 slices mild cheddar cheese
a handful of arugula
1. Toast and butter English muffins. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on one half of each muffin.
2. Place EGG Bakes! on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 90 seconds on high. Remove from microwave, place on top of cheese and top with turkey and arugula. Assemble sandwich and enjoy!
There are no limitations to how to enjoy your Anytime Egg Sandwich; switch up the turkey for ham or sausage, or go veggie with tomato and extra greens. Treat yourself in the morning for a quick and delicious breakfast, or at lunchtime for a filling, wholesome meal. My boys love them best at 4pm as an after-school snack!
For more recipe inspo and to learn about eggcellent Burnbrae Farms’ egg innovation products, visit breakoutofyourshell.burnbraefarms.com.
Wishing all my friends a safe, healthy and happy return to school!
This post is sponsored by Burnbrae Farms. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.
I am going to have to try the CHEESY BREAKFAST BARS as they look and sound delicious!
No oh well this egg meal is also incredibly yum! To try, really tasty!
I am always looking at ways to get my kids to eat a healthy breakfast other than just cereal so the cheesy breakfast bars sounds super delicious
Super love how these ideas are very easy to prepare, amazing!!! Great ideas.
these look so good! perfect fr those easy breakfasts when you have a busy morning
Michelle Twin Mum
Oh yes the breakfast bars look perfect, my hungry teens would love those and they’re so simple to make. Mich x
how perfect is this, loos good, going have to try it with my boys see if its a hit, so simple