Sure, I know a thing or two about travelling. We travel as a family, on average, eight times per year! And with 10 trips already in the books, we’re maintaining our nomadic lifestyle in 2019.
I’m often interviewed or asked to provide tips for my favourite travel essentials. Over the years, I’ve amassed quite a collection of “must haves”. Today, I’m sharing my top picks with you!
1. Travel Journal. What better way to capture those special vacation moments than with a travel journal? A journal can be used for any kind of trip – from a once in lifetime trip to Walt Disney World or Hawaii to a fun-filled cruise or rustic campout.
2. Clear Toiletry Cases. Whether I’m heading through airport security or reaching for make up in my hotel bathroom, being able to see toiletries quickly, without rooting through a dark, messy bag, is the height of convenience. The sturdy material of clear toiletry cases is more environmentally friendly than disposable plastic bags and is easy to clean if product spills inside.
3. Digital Luggage Scale. So portable… and so handy! I prefer not to check luggage, but when it’s absolutely necessary, you know I’ll try to do with just one large suitcase. That means, of course, that I’ll keep packing until I’m close to (but never over) 50 lbs. Avoid embarrassment (and potential overage charges) at the airport by checking your luggage weight at home! Digital luggage scales are remarkably accurate and easy to use. Plus, they’re small enough to pack so you can ensure you’re within the weight limit on your return flight, too.
4. Waterproof Tote Bag. No need to splurge on a $200 Longchamps travel tote – grab a lightweight, waterproof nylon tote to organize your essentials. They’re suitable for almost any occasion and made for the beach!
5. Quality Sunglasses and Prescription Glasses. If you can grab them at a fabulous price, even better! I’m a huge fan of SmartBuyGlasses.ca. You’ll find the most gorgeous frames for a fraction of the price you’d find in-store. In fact, with 180 brands and over 80,000 products on the website, you’re almost guaranteed to find the designer eyeglasses of your dreams!
Mike is wearing Marc Jacobs MARC 317/S 3YG/HZ.
SmartBuyGlasses.ca offers FREE standard shipping on ALL eyewear, and in many cases, you’ll receive your glasses within a week. SmartBuyGlasses also offers their own exclusive 24-month warranty against manufacturers’ defects, and even has a Best Price Guarantee! If you find any eyeglasses or sunglasses less expensive somewhere else, let them know within 14 days of placing your order and they’ll credit the difference back to your account. (See here for full terms and conditions.) You can shop with confidence at SmartBuyGlasses.ca!
I hope you’ve found my list of travel essentials helpful! If you are vacationing this winter, enjoy the sunshine and have a drink (or two) for me!
I received a complimentary pair of sunglasses from SmartBuyGlasses.ca in exchange for this review. The opinions on my blog, as always, are my own.
Leave a Reply