By now, you know I’m absolutely obsessed with Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel. This superior moisturizer is suitable for all skin types, and its gel-to-oil formula is non-comedogenic, making it perfect for protecting everything from your nose to your toes!
But, what makes it so effective at moisturizing? Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel is made with very little water (only 3% compared to 70%) and significantly more oil. Because our skin has a layer that repels water, water as an ingredient in skin formulations is actually of no use to dry skin. An oil-based formulation is much more effective as it locks in moisture and provides the hydration needed for long-lasting results.
I’ve been experimenting with the gel for a few months now and have found some pretty amazing ways to make the most of its moisturizing properties. With winter around the corner, I’m happy to share these helpful hacks with you!
1. Treat those Cheeks. There’s nothing worse than windburn on an extra cold day, and the Canadian climate is known to spare no one! Smoothing Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel over your cheeks before facing the elements provides a layer of protection between your skin and the cold. Because Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel is formulated with very little water, the moisturizing properties won’t evaporate in frigid temps – making it perfect for skiers or skaters who spend longer times outdoors.
2. Bash the Ash. Ashy skin develops when skin is dehydrated, and certain areas, like elbows and knees, tend to get extra scaly during the winter when air is cold and dry. Use a gentle loofah in the shower to remove dead skin, followed by rubbing a small amount of Bio Oil Dry Skin Gel into rough areas. The goal is to replenish moisture and protect against friction from clothing. Treating ashy elbows during the winter will ensure you’re t-shirt ready once springtime rolls around!
3. Get Handsy. Time for a confession: with my increased smartphone use, I rarely wear gloves in winter. And that means that my hands – especially my knuckles – are often chapped, red and sore. Since it’s unlikely that I’ll abandon my penchant for checking Instagram every six minutes, I choose to repair my skin instead. Massaging a small amount of Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel into my cracked hands instantly soothes and protects the irritated skin. Usually, the look and feel is improved after just one day.
4. See you later, Alligator. Dry, scaly and itchy skin after shaving is common year round, but it can be especially uncomfortable during the winter months. Immediately after shaving, smooth Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel over your legs. Not only with they be smooth and healthy-looking, you’ll also reduce the chances of skin irritation and flaking.
5. Heal Appeal. One of the most neglected areas of the body, particularly during sandal-less seasons, feet simply don’t get the attention they deserve. Massage a thin layer of Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel to your heels just before bed; cover with white cotton socks. Overnight, your body’s own heat will help the oil penetrate into any cracks or rough patches, and the socks will absorb any access product. In the morning, you’ll have smoother, healthier-looking skin on your heels and feet!
Bio-Oil Dry Skin Gel is available at Walmart Canada. Stock up before winter arrives, and try these hacks to stay ahead of dry skin!
This post is sponsored by Bio-Oil. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.
awesome thanks for the tips, better get some before you know it will be here burr