Shiny. New. Home Appliances.
Is there anything more alluring to a homeowner? I’ll admit, when we first moved into our new house last year, one of the things that kept me sane through the chaos was the prospect of selecting brand new kitchen and laundry room appliances. My previous purchases had been made over a decade ago, and, given the advances in technology during that time, I knew I would be in for a treat.
Turns out, in the case of my washer and dryer, I was in for a better laundry experience.
Why am I over the moon about the LG TWINWash? Let me count the ways.
1. Cleaning my family’s clothes – on the double. I don’t want to mix my face cloths with my boys’ underwear, or my delicate blouses with my husband’s socks, or my… well, you get it. But I also don’t want to do four different loads of laundry; that’s neither efficient nor cost-effective. Thankfully, the innovative LG TWINWash is all about efficiency – I can wash a big load in the front-loading washer up top while the smaller LG SideKick unit simultaneously washes a second load down below.
That means that I can isolate my delicates from the boys’ not-so-delicates without a) having to wait forever until I can fill up a drum, or b) wasting a full laundry cycle for a small load.
2. Shortening my laundry commitment. Not that I don’t love hanging around the house waiting for a wash cycle to be complete (okay, I don’t). The LG TWINWash with SpeedWash can help me save up to 30 minutes per load, cutting wash time by half – without shortcutting cleaning performance!
Thinking about how much time I spend doing laundry, that translates to hours – if not DAYS – of extra time for me every year.
3. Why wash when I can steam? I know that lightly worn clothing doesn’t always need to be washed, but until now, I didn’t really have a go-between. Steam technology in the LG Dryer lets me refresh up to five garments in as little as 10 minutes! So for those gently used items, a quick romp through the dryer can refresh, remove odours and reduce wrinkles. Perfect!
4. Conserving energy is cool. Actually, it’s so cool, it’s cold. Heating water used to wash clothes takes a fair amount of energy, so when possible (such as when washing the boys’ school uniforms) I opt for a cold wash. LG ColdWash combines cold water with specially enhanced washing motions to penetrate deep into fabrics, so I can get cold water savings with warm water performance.
5. Do the laundry from my couch. The LG TWINWash is a Wi-Fi connected laundry appliance that allows me to control and monitor my laundry at home or miles away. I can start and stop wash cycles remotely, get notifications when my laundry is done and receive helpful reminders about scheduled maintenance, too. Since our laundry room is in the basement for the very first time, I appreciate being notified when it’s time to move the clothes from washer to dryer. And, truthfully, if I didn’t receive the notification, I’d probably forget about it altogether!
It’s true: my laundry experience IS better with the LG TWINWash. Stay tuned – I’ll be back with tips for making the most of laundry day – including photos of my LG TWINWash in use!
Click here for more information on LG TWINWash.
This post is sponsored by LG Electronics Inc. Canada. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own. Photos courtesy of Tobias Wang for Visual Bass.
Leave a Reply