Nothing but sun and crisp, spring weather. Friends, this is NOT a drill.
Just in time for Earth Day on Sunday, April 22nd, 2018, it looks like Mother Nature has decided to play nice! I’ve checked the weather forecast and good news – GTA folks are in for a bright, pleasant day with seasonal spring temperatures. How will you make the most of it? I just happen to know the perfect way to celebrate our beautiful planet!
Springfree Trampoline and Earth Day Canada have partnered to host the Springfree for Earth Day POP-UP Adventure Playground. It’s an outdoor family-focused event intended to highlight the link between outdoor play, physical literacy and environmental action!
Here’s what you need to know:
– The POP-UP Adventure Playground will kick off in Toronto’s Trinity Bellwoods Park on Earth Day (Sunday, April 22nd) from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
– Springfree Trampoline and Earth Day Canada have created special “Adventure Playgrounds”; curated wild spaces where children can use their imaginations along with Springfree trampolines and some “upcycled” and natural materials to play freely.
– In addition to Springfree trampolines and the free-play area, the Springfree for Earth Day POP-UP Adventure Playground will feature face painting, chalk art and more. Translation: tons of fun for the entire family!
Here’s why I totally love this initiative:
– Zero distractions and the freedom to be creative! It always surprises me just how complex my kids’ imaginations are… but it’s often hard to see when they’re buried in a tablet or zoned out watching television. The free play area is perfect for stretching those creative juices!
– While there won’t be food or drink provided on-site to minimize garbage on Earth Day, guests
will be invited to BYOP – “Bring Your Own Picnic” – and enjoy their own food and drinks. (I can’t think of a better way to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon in spring, can you?)
– The event also features a DIY gardening area, where kids will be able to learn to plant and grow their own gardens at home – reinforcing Earth Day Canada’s year-round message of sustainability. Springfree and Earth Day Canada have also created home garden kits that will be distributed to the first 50 families to register, so be sure to arrive early.
Of course, I’ve probably saved the BEST part for last – One lucky guest will have the chance to WIN their very own Springfree trampoline – everyone who registers will be automatically entered into a raffle! (Springfree will also have sales staff available on-site in the event
that guests wish to purchase their own; hashtag best gift ever.)
I know you may be thinking, Springfree and Earth Day, what’s the connection? It’s actually very organic: Springfree Trampoline and Earth Day Canada both believe that outdoor, child-directed free play is essential to a healthy and happy childhood. In fact, Earth Day Canada recently introduced an outdoor play initiative called EarthPLAY, which helps create outdoor play opportunities for children across Canada. When Springfree Trampoline heard about EarthPLAY, they were inspired to partner with Earth Day Canada to bring awareness of the importance of outdoor play to Canadians from coast to coast!
So, what are your plans for the weekend? If you live in the GTA, pop over to Toronto’s Trinity Bellwoods Park on Sunday for the Springfree for Earth Day POP-UP Adventure Playground. This Earth Day, Springfree wants to bring back the outdoor play experience to Canadian families by inspiring imaginations of both the young and the young at heart. Hope to see you there!
This post is sponsored by Springfree Trampoline. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.
This is going to be wonderful for those close enough to take part,I hope the weather is nice and sunny.
St lucia. I have never been to a tropical island. It looks beautiful.
Sorry..posted on wrong blog :)
Definitely a great initiative!
I’m so happy families got out to enjoy Earth day,it was a sunny day here also ! You got to love Spring!
This is such a fun way to recognize and enjoy Family Day. Love events like this that get kids active.
This is a really great initiative. What a wonderful experience for kids to have.
This is so cool, and a perfect way to get out and enjoy the outdoors with family!!
This event sounds like so much fun!!
Oh wow, some family is going to be thrilled to win a Springfree trampoline right in time for summer! How fun!
Sounds like a great event , my grandson would love it !!! he loves the outdoor
oh wow! this would have been so cool and so much fun. my daughters definitely would have had a blast
This would have been so fun for my daughter
Its a wonderful time to be outdoors enjoying the environment.
My daughter would LOVE a trampoline! This Springfree Trampoline looks like it would be so fun.
So much fun! I had a trampoline as a kid and it provided so much entertainment! We used to have sleepovers on it, too :)
The kids are getting restless to get outside,the weather has been so cold..haha it’s so cold I don’t think the trampoline will bounce.
This event sounds fantastic! Thank you for telling us about it ????
What a fun idea! I’ve seen a lot of pop-up shops but never a pop-up playground. Way to go Springfree trampolines for this awesome idea and event.
Awesome trampoline design concepts. I have heard of them for a year or two now, glad they are available in my city
We need more events like this one
Both of the activities pictured look like kids would have a great time
I really want to experience what a trampoline is like for sure.