NOTE: The following giveaway is open to Canadians only.
Let’s be real: if I’m calling something perfect, you know it’s got my stamp of approval.
Cineplex Popcorn Parties. A couple of weeks ago, I filled you in on the ins and outs of this fun, affordable and entertaining service offered by Cineplex Cinemas. Having received countless invitations for the standard indoor playground, I was determined to do something a little different for my boys’ combined birthday party. And, after researching Popcorn Parties, I realized that it’s an easy way to round up kindergarten and primary-aged children for a fun birthday celebration.
Go ahead and check out my last post. It details what Cineplex Popcorn Parties are all about. Today, I’m here to show you why Popcorn Parties are the perfect way to celebrate your child’s next birthday, milestone or special occasion.
1. The Kids Are Alright. If there’s one thing I fear most… even more than hairy spiders, confined spaces or hairy spiders in confined spaces… it’s a gaggle of children, running around and screaming. I think that’s why I shy away from the traditional backyard parties or playground celebrations; it causes me too much stress to oversee kids while they work through a sugar rush. If you’re like me and would prefer for kids to look but not touch, a Cineplex Popcorn Party is the answer. You decide a) if you want to rent out a party room before or after the movie, and b) how much time you spend in the party room during your allotted time slot, if you go that route. The rest of the time, kiddos are comfortably ensconced in a movie theatre, munching on delicious snacks while being heartily entertained.
It’s my idea of party perfection.
2. Planning Out the Party. The week of your party, a party planner from Cineplex will be in touch to go over the flow of the event and answer any questions you may have. At the time, they’ll also confirm the movie that the attendees will be seeing – it’s always kid-friendly and always a blockbuster title! (We were thrilled to see Finding Dory in 3D.) I appreciated the chance to ask questions and loved Cineplex’s attention to detail – I was able to select everything from the choice of beverages to the movie treat, and if you have a smaller party, you can even solicit requests from your party-goers! (Since we had a big crowd, I stuck to popcorn, juice and assorted treats for all the kids.) We also chatted about the party room set-up, my requirements for seating, party plates/utensils and other essentials I’d need to make the event a success.
3. Big Day Bonuses. On the day of the event, there are two major bonuses you’ll love. The first is a birthday gift from Cineplex – one (1) free admission for the birthday boy or girl’s next visit to Cineplex! This was a hit with my boys – we’ll be returning this weekend to spend some more quality time together. The next bonus is for the parents – if you’ve booked a premium party, Cineplex assigns a Popcorn Party host to help out during the party! That’s right – a staff member is there to help you set up, serve the party guests, guide them to the theatre and even clean up. All you have to do is be a gracious host – the rest is taken care of for you. Now that’s the only way to throw a party.
4. You Control the Cost. Cineplex offers the choice of a Standard or Premium party package, which allows you to control costs based on your budget. We opted for a premium party, simply because I wanted there to be a dedicated space where the boys could greet their guests and enjoy a treat together before the show. However, instead of cake, I served cupcakes and *totally* went cheap: I picked up pre-made grocery store cupcakes and simply inserted Finding Dory cupcake toppers. But you know what? They were a huge hit and the kids adored them. So, there are many ways you can splurge or save to ensure a Popcorn Party fits your overall budget.
5. A Recipe for Success. For kids: a new-release, blockbuster movie. Snacks and beverages kids love, plus a small toy to have as a keepsake. The ability to get together with friends and spend time together. For parents: peace of mind that the kids will be seated, fed, comfortable and thoroughly entertained through the majority of the party. Access to a Popcorn Party host and no need to spend time getting the party space ready or having to clean up. For everyone: a great way to spend a weekend afternoon, and the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion.
Friends, I am officially converted and will *only* host Cineplex Popcorn Parties in the future. It’s true! We had an amazing experience and I am certain I’ll want to do it again year after year. Remember, you can calculate the cost of a Cineplex Popcorn Party online, and you’ll see that the price of a 3-hour party is not much more than the cost of a couple of hours at the local bouncy playground. It’s an affordable, entertaining option for the movie lovers in your family.
Special thanks to Cineplex who collaborated with me to host an epic combined birthday party for my two birthday boys. For more information on Cineplex Popcorn Parties, visit cineplex.com.
One of my readers will WIN a $100 Gift Card to Cineplex! Simply fill the form below with your qualifying entries.