You’ve heard it all before.
“Last minute vacations are the best way to go! You can save a ton of money!”
“Don’t ever book in advance! There are so many deals if you wait until the 11th hour.”
“Hotels will practically give away their rooms if you wait long enough.”
One word: MAYBE.
Look, I’m not here to dispute the fact that you may score a better deal if you book a last minute vacation. However, I’m here to share all the reasons you may want to book early – which, in many cases, outweigh the potential savings!
1. Half the fun is in the planning. From the moment you think it’s time for a vacation until the day you pack your bags, something subtle is happening on the inside. It goes by many names: anticipation, wanderlust, contentment, excitement, hope. It’s a feeling of expectant joy, knowing you’ve initiated a countdown and at the end of the journey: a well-deserved rest. The farther out you plan your vacation, the greater the feeling of elation you’ll experience. Plus, think of all the teaser Instagram photos!
2. You work too hard to accept your second (or third, or fifth) choice. The single most convincing reason to book early is to secure the vacation you’re dreaming of – not one that’s been slashed to sell because no one else wanted it. (Kind of crazy when you think about it in those terms, huh?) Especially during peak travel times for families, such as summer months and winter holidays, the best destinations and resorts tend to fill quickly. Don’t leave your well-earned vacation to chance.
3. A little research goes a long way. Last minute vacations don’t always allow for adequate research on a destination or resort – leaving you vulnerable to choosing a package that may not be well suited to you or your family’s needs. Taking the time to read reviews, discovering options for excursions, and measuring a destination’s allure and appeal can help you to find the right family vacation.
4. A vacation booked is a vacation taken. Did you know that annually, only one in three Canadian workers take all of the vacation time they’re entitled to? (Source) It’s so easy to postpone or delay taking much needed time away, especially when responsibilities pile on at work or home. Planning ahead and booking early ensures that you’ll set aside the time and money to invest in your well-being.
5. Some of the BEST deals are available when you book early! There’s no doubt about it – the early bird gets the worm. More and more tour operators are offering incentives for booking early, and some deals are too good to pass up. Like this one –
For a limited time via Air Canada Vacations, Kids FLY, stay & eat FREE when you book a vacation package! (Taxes apply)
YES, you read correctly – kids FLY FREE too! The offer also applies to groups, so if you’re thinking of getting family together for a reunion down south, now is the time to start planning your sun getaway!
Applicable to: Mexico & the Caribbean
Book between: April 11 and 29, 2018
Travel between: June 23 and August 31, 2018
Terms and conditions: New bookings only. Select packages and departure dates only. Minimum 7-night stay required. Taxes will apply and must be paid by traveller. Subject to availability at time of booking. Packages must be book for a minimum amount of 2 adults. Includes 2 children maximum between the ages of 2 and 12 unless stated otherwise. Offer not applicable to connecting flights. Offers expire at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date indicated.
Questions about travelling with kids? Feel free to ask in the comments! In the meantime, visit Air Canada Vacations today to take advantage of this limited-time promo. Bon voyage!
This post is sponsored by Air Canada Vacations. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.