By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of Listen to Lena, which are final. Listen to Lena, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be in violation of these Contest Rules.
The #housie Contest (the “Contest”) begins on April 16, 2015 at 10am EDT (“Contest Start Date”) and ends on April 30, 2015 at 11:59pm EDT (“Contest End Date”). The Sponsor of the Contest is Listen to Lena (the “Sponsor”).
The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their Province/Territory of residence at the time of entry into the Contest.
Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Contest:
(a) any person who, at any time during the contest period, was or is a director, officer, employee, or agent of Listen to Lena, TD Canada (the “Prize Provider”) or any of their prize suppliers, or any of their respective divisions, parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, franchisees, or service agencies, or independent contractors; and
(b) any person who, at any time during the contest period was or is a director, officer, employee, or agent of any company involved with the administration of the contest or any individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Contest (collectively the “Contest Entities”); and
(c) any person who is an immediate family member of, or domiciled with, any of the above.
To enter the Contest, submit a #housie as outlined in http://listen2lena.wpengine.com/2015/04/celebrate-with-a-housie-and-win.html (the “Contest Information Page”). No purchase necessary.
You will be asked to provide your first and last name and email address to enter the contest via the blog comment form. You may also be asked to answer optional questions; however, they need not be answered in order to be eligible for the Contest.
By uploading your #housie and posting a link to the status, you indicate your agreement and compliance with the Rules. Your Entry must be in accordance with the specific requirements listed below.
Your video should:
- Record a 360° video selfie of your home (or outdoor space)
- Be no more than 20 seconds in length
- Make sure everyone has consented to be in your video
- Be uploaded to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag “#housie”
Your Video must NOT contain any of the following:
- Pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material
- Materials relating to lotteries or gambling
- Explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities
- Content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws, including without limitation content displaying trademarks or logos owned or licensed by third parties (without having obtained the requisite consent)
- Content that would give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever
- Libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials
- Content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on TD
- Tobacco, alcohol or drugs
- Dangerous stunts
- Real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by law
- Content showing identifiable individuals who have not consented to the use of their images in the Video (if individuals are under the legal age of majority, individual submitting the Video represent that they have obtained consent from the parent(s) or legal guardian(s))
- Personal information of individuals, including without limitation names and addresses, without the consent of those individuals
- Audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.)
- Material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any province where the #housie post or tweet is created
- Any other content that is or could reasonably be considered to be inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive, including, without limitation any individuals who appear to be (1) intoxicated or otherwise inebriated or (2) wearing apparel that displays offensive imagery or displays the trademarks and/or logo of a third party
Any #housie post or tweet that does not comply with the foregoing, as determined in the sole discretion of TD, will be taken down from TDhousie.com
There are FIVE (5) Prizes (“Prizes”) valued at $200 each available to be won. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Prize will be allowed. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, or the equivalent cash amount, in the event that the prize described is unavailable due to circumstances beyond their control.
The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during each Contest Giveaway Period.
PRIZE AWARDING METHOD:
Winners will be selected with a random draw from amongst all eligible entries at the offices of Listen to Lena on May 1, 2015.
All winners will be notified after the Contest Period. After the notification, winners must reply within two (2) days to maintain eligibility. If the winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor and Prize Provider reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to select another eligible Entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible Entry.
In order to claim the prize, the winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question, and he or she will be required to complete a standard Declaration and Release Form. The selected Entrant will have two (2) days from the date of receipt to return email confirmation of the Declaration and Release Form to Listen to Lena or its representative, where two (2) days will be determined by the date of email. If the selected Entrant does not do so within this period of time, another Entrant may be randomly selected and the initial selected Entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Sponsor, Prize Provider or any of the Contest Entities, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, divisions, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, franchisees, service agencies, or independent contractors.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
Listen to Lena is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, including but not limited to acting in violation of these official Rules; attempting to participate in the Contest more than the maximum number of times allowed; to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest; as determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified. The discovery of any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which, in the sole and absolute opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to suspend or terminate this Contest.
Further, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Contest Rules in any way at any time for any reason without prior notice or compensation.
The personal information collected about you is limited to the information you have voluntarily supplied through the Contest entry page and the Declaration and Release Form.
Except as provided herein, the Sponsor and / or the Contest Entities will not divulge any personal information gathered through the Contest to third parties. Moreover, the Sponsor and/or the Contest Entities will not sell any personal information collected.
The personal information collected will only be used for the following purposes: (a) use of the winning Entrants’ information as described above;
(b) administration of the Contest on an as needed basis;
(c) further communications from the Sponsor where the Entrant has voluntarily agreed to receive such communications by checking the box to that effect on the Contest entry page.
Despite efforts to ensure third parties will not access or obtain your personal information, complete confidentiality and security cannot currently be guaranteed on the Internet. Communication via the Internet is subject to interception, loss, or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor and/or the Contest Entities or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, divisions, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, franchisees, service agencies, or independent contractors cannot be held responsible for damages resulting from the transmission of confidential information or personal information over the Internet and that such communications are at your own risk.
For residents of all other Provinces/Territories outside Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.