Last year, I wrote a post to communicate my belief that women have a duty to change their hairstyles. Frequently.
Think about it: the mighty Lord gave us menstrual cycles, unwanted leg hair and varicose veins. But He also bestowed us with lovely locks – and for most of us, we’re blessed with the choice of how to wear our hair… short or long, layered or blunt, blonde or brunette, straight or curly… the list goes on. So, to be stuck in a hair rut is simply unforgivable!
You May Be Stuck in a Hair Rut If…
1. Your husband knows the brand and number of your boxed hair colour.
2. Four out of five friends would describe your ‘do as “The Rachel.”
3. Your hair salon is a barber shop. With a spinning pole outside.
4. Your hair styling routine includes wash, air dry, ponytail, repeat.
5. You wear your hair long because you believe men like long hair.
6. Your stylist uses a rubber cap and knitting needle for your highlights.
7. You never make an appointment to cut your hair – walk-ins welcome.
8. The labels on your styling products say “Aqua Net” or “Dippidy Do”.
9. You truly believe that there is such a thing as wash-and-go hair.
10. You own a banana clip… and use it.
I have fine, frizzy hair… decidedly the most unsexy texture known to womankind. But I battle Mother Nature with a gusto normally reserved for fighting world wars and banishing whale poachers. Because let’s face it – I can’t change my face (for less than $10,000), my skin colour (unless I try out a new age bleaching cream) or the fact that I’ll always be 4 inches too short to reach supermodel status (and 20 pounds too heavy) – but I can change my hair….