I firmly believe that if you eat well 90% of the time, the other 10%, you can pretty much
gorge on indulge in life’s most delicious foods. (I think I heard about 10 million people ’round the world chorus: Mmmm… Bacon.)
Because that’s the key, right? Everything in moderation. Well, I’ve been a veerry good girl and a few nights ago, I decided that I’d like to moderate a bit of Chicken Carbonara. It was one of those nights where the stars aligned and I was presented with exactly the right ingredients for this gastronomic delight.
Left over roast chicken? Check. Fresh basil? Check. Whipping cream? Okay, when do I ever have whipping cream on hand? Except this time I did, because I had planned on making a whipped cream icing (but abandoned my attempt when the recipe called for 2 hours of prep work. No thanks). Bacon? Check. We always have bacon.
So I decided to treat the family to a scrumptious meal with this rich, flavourful comfort food. As always, it was a breeze to make and we didn’t count calories that night :)…