Friends, I want to let you in on a little secret. Heaven on earth exists – and it can be found at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa.
For years – perhaps even as long as a decade – a visit to Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa has been on my travel bucket list. From the promise of pristine turquoise waters to the heavily-lauded hospitality, I refused to consider my stint as a family travel blogger complete until I experienced this slice of paradise for myself.
And then, it happened. In partnership with Air Canada Vacations, I was offered the opportunity to visit the resort in April – not coincidentally, around the time of my 40th birthday. (I may have lobbied for a chance to spend my milestone birthday in style. Can you blame me?)
Now it’s not often that I label a travel experience as “perfect” – I’m as discerning as the next traveller, likely even more due to my profession and inherent expectations – but after reflecting on our vacation, I’m having a hard time finding fault with well, anything.
It’s true: Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa is family travel perfection.
Here are five things you need to know before you go.
1. Paradise can be found in just 3.5 hours. I’ve legitimately sat in traffic for longer than it took to arrive in Turks & Caicos. For my readers in the Greater Toronto Area, Air Canada Vacations offers direct outbound and return flights from YYZ to PLS multiple times per week, making Turks & Caicos a convenient option for families of all ages. Plus, when you bundle your flights and accommodations together, you can take advantage of savings, too.
Don’t forget to book a window seat – if you don’t take an iconic shot of the islands from the plane, did you actually go?
2. Book your vacation, and then put your wallet away. In the past, I’ve been vocal about the importance of budgeting carefully – even at all-inclusive resorts – because there are often extras that aren’t included with your booking. Not true at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa.
From the gourmet restaurants, unlimited alcoholic drinks, frozen treats, coffee house specialties, on-site kids programs, water sports, rentals and activities (including scuba diving!), it’s all included with your stay, making the most of your vacation dollar. You can, of course, splurge on extras such as a spa treatment or character breakfast, but trust me when I say even the most basic Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa vacation is still miles ahead of the average all-inclusive.
3. Five villages, one resort. Admittedly, before arriving at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, I was a little overwhelmed, having heard the grounds described as “sprawling”, “expansive” and downright “huge”.
“It’s so big, it’s divided into five separate villages!”
Well, yes, it is – but it’s also very manageable. From one side of the resort to the other, you’re never more than 10 minutes away from where you need to be. And, regardless of where you stay, you’ll have full access to all the pools, restaurants and beachfront areas in the entire resort. Since there’s so much to see and do daily, I can confidently say that you won’t be spending much time in your room – unless it’s to partake in an afternoon nap! So, find the village that appeals to you most, but, know that you’re not confined to the space, either.
For the largest pool and quickest access to water sports, consider the Italian Village. Not only is the village a commanding presence in the centre of the resort, it also boasts a zero-entry pool, water park and large family suites. We were completely spoiled with a stay in a spacious Oceanview Family Suite. Why yes, this was my morning view.
If you prefer more quiet quarters, Key West Village is just the ticket.
The grounds have an unparalleled level of elegance that bring the best of The Florida Keys to the Caribbean. We found the beachside pool to be the spot to relax while the kids were enjoying the kids club. Don’t forget to pop into Sky Lounge for breakfast with a view!
The village is most suited to multigenerational families or adults travelling without kids. Unofficially the “quiet zone”, you’ll find sun-worshippers living their best life.
The Caribbean and Seaside Villages are the heart of the resort, exemplifying island life. Sample savoury cuisine or relax in one of the two “dream” pools, or walk through the sprawling gardens of lush vegetation.
Finally, the French Village offers charming accommodations in the midst of the most popular restaurants and bistros. Café de Paris was a necessary stop for a morning latte and an after-dinner profiterole!
4. As advertised. One of the most frequent questions I had to answer via Instagram DMs was, “Is the water really that clear and blue?” Yes, friends, yes it is.
I suppose that’s part of the allure of visiting Turks & Caicos; because of the absence of algae and sediment, the warm, shallow waters are almost completely translucent. My boys spent most of their time revelling in the calm, unspoiled ocean. Although they’re usually the type to play by the pool, on our recent vacation, they were authentic mermen.
5. The little surprises. Like the complimentary Xbox Play Lounge, immersive Camp Sesame and nightly family entertainment. And who can forget Pirates Island, a fantasy world filled with gigantic waterslides, kid‐friendly pools and swim‐up soda bars.
I was also thrilled to see creative street food concepts in the form of an ice cream and mac and cheese truck! Let’s just say that when I wasn’t wading in the picturesque ocean, I was going back for seconds… or thirds!
(Clearly I was there so often, they put me to work.)
Can I go on and on? Sure. In fact, there’s so much more to cover, I’ll be back shortly with a list of the FAQs I received while on location and of course, my answers!
In the meantime, consider a vacation to Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa as an investment in family travel perfection. Special thanks to Beaches Resorts and Air Canada Vacations for making it a 40th birthday celebration to remember.