Note: The following giveaway is open to Canadians only.
Welcome to 2018!
Okay, so we all know I’m not one for resolutions (I’ve already broken the ones I didn’t make) and my track record for, well, staying on track, is questionable. However, I am a huge believer in learning from mistakes, resetting my course and striving for progress over perfection.
My advice? Forget the word “resolution”. Instead, set goals. Make a promise to do better, to be better. Tell yourself that you deserve to live your best life, and believe it.
Raise the bar.
How will you go farther in 2018? Here are five simple ways to help make this year your best yet.
1. Make Lists. Lists are the easiest way to hold yourself accountable and can improve your organization, productivity and feelings of accomplishment. On a weekly basis, I have two lists: things I need to do and things I want to do. If I am striking too many things off my “need to do” list, it usually means I’m out of sync and need to slow down. Conversely, if I find myself tacking my “want to do” list too easily, I generally need to stop procrastinating and get back on track!
The goal is to be in balance; taking care of the responsibilities that come with being a business owner, mother and wife, but also remembering to set aside some time for fun and relaxation.
This week on my “want to do” list? Watch a comedian’s special on Netflix, check out the end of season online sales and research flights in April to get away for my big 4-0!
2. Let Go. Let go of negativity, self-doubt and pessimism. Let go of everything that prevents you from achieving your goals and seeing the finish line. You know that phrase, “Good Vibes Only?” Make sure it isn’t just inscribed on your favourite makeup bag – make it your motto. Because it’s hard to raise the bar when you’ve got things dragging you down. Just let go.
3. Let Leaders Inspire You. As Canadians get ready to cheer on Team Canada this February at the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018,Tide joined forces with two-time Gold Medalist, Women’s Ice Hockey Captain of the Canadian Olympic Team, Marie-Philip Poulin, to motivate Canadians to #RaiseTheBar.
Marie-Philip Poulin is a phenomenal example of true inspiration: At the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014, she was Canada’s leading scorer with three goals and two assists. But here’s where she attains hero status – two of those goals came in the final against the United States, when she tied the game with just 55 seconds to play in the third period and added the overtime winner to give Canada its fourth straight Olympic gold medal in women’s ice hockey!
Did I mention that she did all that while recovering from a high ankle sprain? Incredible! And now in the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, she’s going for her third straight Gold! Just when you think she’s achieved it all, she proves she’s ready for more. Dear Marie-Philip, consider me inspired.
4. Don’t Settle for Anything but the Best. Just as Marie-Philip Poulin continues to raise the bar on the ice, Tide continues to raise the bar in the laundry room. For years Tide has been leading the industry in innovation and revolutionizing how we do laundry. In fact, almost to the date, The Winter Olympics marks 70 years since Tide’s launch in Canada! And over that time, our laundry needs and challenges have evolved, and as Canada’s #1 selling detergent, Tide has proven it’s up to the challenge every single time. And the work is not done yet!
Starting in 2018, Tide is launching its biggest innovation to date: a re-engineered formula to prove yet again that the best can always get better.
Oooh, now that gives me chills. The best can always get better. Let that be our mantra this year!
Hitting shelves nationwide this month, all Original liquid and PODS™ formulas will have TEN TIMES the cleaning power than the competition to handle your laundry’s latest challenges. You’ll find the brand new formulated products at retailers across Canada. For more information, visit tide.ca.
5. Make it Happen. This isn’t theoretical, folks. Goals are meant to be planned, pursued and achieved. So write your lists, let go of everything holding you back, find inspiration in leaders and make it a priority to not settle for anything but the very best. This is our year, friends!
How will you raise the bar in 2018? One lucky reader will win a ONE YEAR SUPPLY of Tide! To enter, simply fill the form below with your qualifying entries. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post is sponsored by Tide. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.