2017 BMO Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) Twitter Chat Contest (the “Contest”) Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest closes on September 14, 2017 at 9:00pm Eastern Time. Contest entrants must be legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, excluding residents of Quebec.
There are 4 (four) prizes available to be won, consisting of 2 (two) prizes of 1 (one) $50.00 prepaid MasterCard, one (1) $100.00 prepaid MasterCard, and one (1) $400.00 prepaid MasterCard.
LIMIT OF ONE (1) TWEET PER PERSON/ACCOUNT PER QUESTION PERMITTED DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD.
Each entrant is only eligible for a chance to win one (1) prize. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received. A winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question to win.
2017 BMO TFSA Twitter Chat Contest (the “Contest”) Rules
1) The Contest begins at 8:00 p.m. and ends at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 14, 2017 during the BMO TFSA Twitter Chat event (the “Twitter Chat”).
2) Contest Sponsor’s (defined below) time clock is the official clock for this Contest.
3) Contest entry time is structured as follows but is subject to change:
Gift card 1: 8:10:00 PM- 8:15:00 PM ET September 14, 2017 ($50)
Gift card 2: 8:15:00 PM- 8:30:00 PM ET September 14, 2017($50)
Gift card 3: 8:30:00 PM -8:40:00 PM ET September 14, 2017 ($100)
Gift card 4: 8:50:00 PM -9:00:00 PM ET September 14, 2017 ($400)
4) The Contest is sponsored by Bank of Montreal., with an office at 55 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario (the “Sponsor”). BMO® TFSA is a product of Bank of Montreal.
5) The Contest is open to all attendees of the Twitter Chat who are residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
6) Employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of the Bank of Montreal, affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the contest judges are not eligible.
7) The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse any entry it deems to be ineligible.
8) There are 4 (four) prizes available to be won, consisting of:
i. 2 (two) prizes of 1 (one) $50.00 prepaid MasterCard
ii. 1 (one) $100.00 prepaid MasterCard
iii. 1 (one) $400.00 prepaid MasterCard
HOW TO ENTER
9) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest, you must have a valid Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Twitter account. In addition, eligible entrants must become a “follower” (the “Follower(s)”) of the official @BMO channel on Twitter (note: you can un-follow at any time). To become a Follower, an eligible entrant must:
I. visit www.twitter.com/BMO; OR
II. from his/her Twitter home page, click on the “Find People” tab and perform a search for “BMO”; AND
III. Click on the “Follow” button corresponding to the official @BMO channel.
10) During the Contest Period, questions will be tweeted from the BMO channel @BMO and the twitter chat host channel @listen2lena (the “Question(s)”). To be eligible for a chance to win a prize, Contest entrants must tweet a reply (“Tweet”) to a Question that meets the requirements set out herein. An eligible Tweet to a Question by a Follower will constitute one (1) entry (“Entry”). For each Question posed by @BMO or @listen2lena, there will be 1 (one) random draw for a prize after the Contest Period. Contest entrants are allowed one Tweet per Question and each entrant is only eligible to win one (1) prize.
11) To be an eligible Entry, your Tweet must adhere to the following (“Submission Requirements”):
I. provide a relevant response as a reply to the question in the Question Tweet posted by @BMO or @listen2lena (as determined by BMO in its sole and absolute discretion);
II. include the hashtag: #Investsmart (the “Hashtag”) and Question number in the following format: Q1, Q2, etc;
III. comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com;
IV. conform to Twitter’s (140) character limitation, including the Hashtag;
V. be written in English only;
VI. not violate the rights of any third chat, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your Entry must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s, entity’s or organization’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
VII. be in “good taste” and in keeping with the Sponsor’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion;
VIII. not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products; and
IX. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights.
Any Tweet that does not follow the above format (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) will be discarded and will not be eligible for Entry in this Contest.
12) A Tweet will be void (and an Entry will not be granted) if the Tweet:
I. does not provide a relevant answer to the Question;
II. is incomplete or illegible;
III. is not submitted and received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Contest Rules (“Contest Rules”);
IV. does not include the Hashtag and the Question number in the specified format;
V. does not conform to Twitter’s (140) character limitation including the Hashtag;
VI. does not comply with the Twitter Terms of Service or Twitter Rules; and/or
VII. is not in accordance with the specific Submission Requirements listed above (all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
13) Private Twitter accounts must be made public in order to be entered.
14) Limit: THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/ACCOUNT PERMITTED DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. For greater certainty, you can only use one (1) Account to enter the Contest. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) Tweet per /account per Question during the Contest Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) Account to enter the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her Tweets voided. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses, Accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. The Releases (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Tweets (all of which are void).
15) Deadline for entry in Contest is 9:00 pm ET on September 14, 2017.
DRAW AND SELECTION PROCESS
16) Only Entries reviewed by Sponsor will be considered. Proof of Tweet transmission shall not constitute proof of receipt. The sole determinant of time for valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest sponsor. BMO reserves the right to refuse any Entry in its absolute discretion.
17) By entering into the Contest, you are giving your consent to be notified, through electronic communication, that you have been selected a winner.
18) At the end of the Contest Period, for every Question posed, a random draw will be held among the eligible Entries received to select an entrant eligible to win a Prize. Once an entrant has been randomly selected, such entrant will not be eligible for a chance to win another Prize.
19) Selected entrants must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by mail, email or telephone. Entrants will be contacted in the form of a direct message or reply to their Entry submission on Twitter within 2 business days following the end of the Contest Period. If you do not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of notification, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another eligible entry. Selected entrants will be required to sign and return within 10 business days of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
i. Confirms the entrant’s compliance with the Contest Rules;
ii. Releases the Bank of Montreal, its affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest, and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Contest, my participation therein and/or my acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and
iii. Grants to the Sponsor the right to use the entrant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
20) The odds of an entrant’s entry being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received and the number of eligible Entries tweeted by that entrant during the Contest Period.
CLAIMING OF PRIZE
21) The winners will be notified by BMO or Lena Almeida (the “Chat Host”) through Twitter, by the @BMO or @listen2lena twitter accounts following the selection and shall claim the Prize.
22) To be declared the winner, BMO may ask you to verify that you meet the eligibility requirements listed in the Eligibility section of these Contest Rules, and may require you to provide proof or identification, and you must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question provided by BMO or the Chat Host.
23) Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the Prize will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified. In such a case, BMO may, at its sole discretion, hold a new draw or make a new selection based on all other eligible entries until an entrant is selected and declared a winner, or cancel the Contest. In the event that no entrant has been declared a winner after three attempts, BMO may, at its sole discretion, cancel the Contest, in whole or in part.
24) No other substitutions are permitted except at the discretion of BMO who reserves the right to substitute a rewards/prize of comparable or greater value if the Prize are unavailable or cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The winner of the Contest must accept the Prize as awarded to him/her. Any and all taxes (including any federal or provincial sales taxes), costs, fees, expenses, or any other charges on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winners of the Contest.
25) When winning the Contest, certain personal information may be required to collect the Prize (e.g. last name, first name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number). Such required personal information will be used to verify the winner’s identity. Any entrant selected for the Prize grants BMO and its Representatives rights to use, if required, their name, post, image (photo, voice or video) for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation. By entering the contest, each contest entrant consents to the use of their social media username, submitted content including photos and videos if applicable, without further compensation, in any advertising or publicity, including without limitation in blogs and other social media, as may be carried out by BMO in its sole discretion (collectively, referred herein as “Purpose”). Personal information will not be used for any other purpose other than the Purpose.
27) By entering into the Contest and providing BMO, with the personal information required, you consent to the collection and use by BMO, such information for the Purpose.
28) Agreement. By submitting an entry, you agree to these Contest Rules.
29) Applicable laws. Subject to all applicable laws, these Contest Rules govern all aspects of the Contest and bind all entrants.
30) Entrant identification. The entrant is the person whose name appears on the Twitter Account, and it is to this person to whom the Prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner in accordance with Section 5 of these Contest Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the established holder of the Twitter account associated with the entry.
31) Verification. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are submitted late or they are otherwise noncompliant. BMO shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and eligibility to enter the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification.
32) Disqualification. BMO reserves the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in the Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to the other entrants (e.g. entry exceeding the authorized limit). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities. Entries that are late or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of these Contest rules will be void. BMO reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details or information.
33) No Liability: conduct of the Contest. BMO, its affiliates and its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, supplier or service providers (collectively, “BMO and its Representatives”) will not be liable for any computer system, software or phone line malfunctions; any loss or absence of network server connections; or any defective, incomplete, jumbled or scrambled computer transmissions or transmission failure by any computer or network that might restrict or prevent participation in the Contest. BMO and its Representatives will be not liable for any damage or loss caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any software or form or by the transmission of any information in connection with the Contest.
34) Release of Liability: use of the prize. By accepting a Contest prize, the winner: confirms compliance with these rules; acknowledges that the prize is not transferable (except as provided herein) and must be accepted as awarded; consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, entry, voice, statements, photographs and/or likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium in any format carried out by BMO, affiliates or its advertising and promotional agencies, or suppliers; releases Sponsor and its Representatives from all liability for damages the winners may suffer following acceptance and use of the Prize, and agrees to sign, if necessary, before taking possession of the Prize, a release to that effect.
35) By entering this contest you acknowledge that this Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Twitter, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to BMO and not to Twitter. By participating in this Contest you completely release Twitter, of all liability in relation to injury, damage, or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation. Any references to BMO’s products, services, or offerings, if any, are not to be construed as endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by any third chat.
36) Representations and Warranties. Entrant represents covenants and agrees that BMO will not have to pay monies or other consideration to any third chat or to entrant, or to obtain releases or consents from any third chat with respect to the Contest or Photo other than entrant’s consent pursuant to these Contest Rules, in order to fully exercise and exploit the rights granted hereunder. Entrant further represents, covenants and agrees that: (i) entrant is the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Photo and all elements thereof; (ii) the consent of no other person or entity is required to enable Sponsor to use the Photo as described herein; and (iii) BMO’s use of the Photo as contemplated herein will not violate or infringe upon the trademarks, service marks, trade names, copyright, artistic, and/or other rights of any third party(ies) including the rights of publicity and/or privacy.
37) Indemnification. Entrant hereby indemnifies, defends and holds harmless Sponsor and its Representatives, from any claim for infringement of any intellectual property right, violation of any personal right, or otherwise violation of any applicable laws (including, without limitation, trademarks, service marks, trade names, copyright, artistic, and/or other rights of any third party(ies) including the rights of publicity and/or privacy) arising from the use of the Photo and/or the breach of any representation or warranty made by the entrant herein.
38) Contest modification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, in the event of a virus, computer bug, unauthorized human action, or any other cause beyond its control that could corrupt or jeopardize the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of conduct of the Contest.
39) Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the end date provided in these Contest Rules (“Early End Date”), Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, proceed with the entries duly received up to and including the Early End Date.
40) Prize limit. In no event shall Sponsor be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
41) Authorization. Any entrant selected for the Prize grants Sponsor and their representatives the right to use, if required, their name, image (photo, voice or video) for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
42) Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to the Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at Sponsor’s initiative.
43) Final decision. Any decision by Sponsor or its representatives regarding the Contest is final and binding without appeal.
44) Severability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
BMO® TFSA is a product of Bank of Montreal.