When I think of sports, I think of laundry. No, really!
Before you laugh, hear me out! I have two mini athletes at home. Future soccer stars, I like to call them. And when they play, they play hard. Slides. Tumbles. Air kicks. Rolls. Once in a while, they even make contact with the actual soccer ball. Go team!
Of course, that’s all good and fine when they’re on the field, but when they come home… that’s when I take over. Straight to the washing machine we go! So, sports and laundry… you do see the connection now, yes?
Maytag Canada, a Whirlpool brand, is bringing its iconic powerful and dependable laundry appliances to the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, providing washers and dryers to ensure athletes not only perform at their best, but look great too. As the Official Appliance and Athlete Laundry Services Supplier for the Games, Maytag will equip all athlete residences with laundry rooms in the CIBC Pan Am/Parapan Am Athletes’ Village, amounting to over 400 washers and dryers.
Meet Kyle Jones (pictured above). Kyle has been a member of Canada’s National Triathlon Team since 2006, winning the Canadian Junior title in 2003 which sparked a move to Victoria, BC to train at the National Training Centre. In 2012 he won his first Canadian Senior title, his first ITU World Cup title, and represented Canada at the Olympic Games in London. Since then, he has added two more National titles, a World Cup silver medal, and most recently represented Canada at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland. He’s also the proud recipient of a Maytag sponsorship.
High five, Kyle! I’m a Maytag enthusiast too.
The proud owner of a Maytag Maxima XL Front Load Steam Washer and Maytag Maxima XL HE Steam Dryer, I rely on the appliances to keep my boys’ uniforms clean, bright and sanitized. Because Maytag understands performance counts, their appliances are made to withstand heavy use while delivering consistent performance.
So, do you have your own future gold medalist at home? Here’s how to get their uniforms in top form.
1. More suds don’t mean better cleaning. Excess suds actually hold onto soils and redeposit them on your laundry. Try using a high-efficiency detergent with a front-loading washing machine like the Maytag Maxima Front Load Steam Washer.
2. Adding bleach with detergent counteracts its effectiveness. Instead, add bleach during the last five minutes of the wash cycle to ensure that the cleaning agents work best. Some washing machines have automatic bleach dispensers to eliminate the timing guesswork and make sure your whites are dazzling.
3. Using the dryer does not lead to shrinkage. Surprisingly, it’s not the heat from the dryer that causes clothes to shrink; it’s the lack of moisture. New dryer technology actually measures the moisture in the fabric and automatically shuts off to prevent over drying.
4. Treat the stain head on. Always treat the stain from the back of the fabric to help push it off the garment. Also remember to blot the stain, rubbing can work the stain into the fibers.
5. Wash small loads as needed between laundry days. Today’s high efficiency washing machines use substantially less water and energy than a conventional top-loading washer. Which means you can do small loads when you have time, rather than waiting for the basket to fill up.
Canadians from coast to coast can share in the excitement leading up to the Toronto 2015 Games, and stay up-to-date with the athletes by visiting Maytag’s Website, Maytag on Facebook or Maytag on Twitter.