NOTE: The following giveaway is open to Canadians only.
I probably think *way too much* about the hotels I’m staying at. Whereas my husband simply asks if there’s available WiFi – and secondly, if there’s a pool – I tend to have a plethora of questions I need answered before I can settle on my final destination.
What is the experience the brand is promising me in terms of functional, emotional, and social benefits?
Is this promised experience worth my time, money and effort?
How confident am I that I will experience what the brand promises?
At InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), they’re looking to answer these questions. In their 2015 Trends Report, Trust Capital: The new business imperative in the Kinship Economy, IHG provides a blueprint that various organisations can follow to build trust with different demographics and across different geographies.
For example, think about your own experiences when travelling with your family – or more specifically, your extended family. Chances are, the things you find important (digital solutions, effortless booking, status and prestige of the hotel) may be quite different from the things your parents value (personal service on-site, flexible booking options, reputation of the hotel).
· 23% of Millennials say they want to stay in hotels that say something about them, versus 11 % of Boomers, and 32% of Millennials say they want people to be impressed with their choice of a hotel, versus 12% of Boomers
· 44% of Millennials say they prefer booking hotel services (e.g. room service, spa appointments) from a mobile phone, versus 26% of Boomers
· 67% of Boomers say they would prefer to call a hotel and speak with ‘real’ people on-site for information, versus 56% of Millennials
· 31% of Millennials share their travel pictures online, versus 11% Boomers, and 34% Millennials are active on social websites, versus 13% Boomers
· 35% of Millennials and 28% of Boomers think that time is more important to them than money
Essentially, the marketing world is getting older and younger all at the same time, but not in all the same places. That’s why it’s important to find a hotel group that caters to needs of all travellers, whether it’s family-friendly amenities, mobile capabilities, or business lounges.
When you travel for business or leisure, you can’t bring your complete office or home with you, but still expect the same comforts and access to services that help make your experience seamless.
Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts offer standard amenities that cover many of the features you want and need when you’re away, making their respected hotels a preferred choice for your vacation needs.
Finding and booking an ensuite room with Holiday Inn is simple and can now be done wherever, whenever, however; by phone, online, via one of their mobile apps or through a web enabled mobile device. And, their Best Price Guarantee means they promise to offer the lowest rates available and with no booking fees.
Courtesy of InterContinental Hotels Group, I’m pleased to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a weekend (two nights) stay in a Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express in Canada or the US – and, the choice of destination is completely up to you!
Will you take a road trip? Maybe you’ll cross the border for a girl’s weekend getaway. Or, take the family for a staycation adventure! Whatever you decide, you can feel good putting your trust in Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts. Simply fill the form below with your qualifying answers.