From time to time, I get ridiculously excited and just have to share some shopaholic intel.
This is just like the time I uncovered those UGGs at 50% off. And almost better than that unadvertised Black Friday sale at Tory Burch. And it’s definitely as good as the Urban Barn Outlet in Scarborough. Now ladies and gentlemen… I’d like to introduce the Personal Shopper Service, available only to AIR MILES Onyx members.
But first, a refresher. The AIR MILES Onyx program is a way to thank their best Collectors with exclusive benefits. There’s no application process, or hoops you have to jump through, because you will automatically qualify for the AIR MILES Onyx program by earning at least 6,000 AIR MILES reward miles during one calendar year. Onyx members enjoy a variety of perks and special services, including greater access to airline seats, 20% fewer reward miles needed to redeem for seasonal activities, free movie passes to select films, special monthly giveaways, and more. And, in my humble opinion, the best benefit of all? Access to the personal shopper service.
(Let us all pause for a moment to pay homage to this shoppertunistic service.)
To fully understand the awesomeness, I’ll need to break it down for you. Now pay attention, because once you achieve Onyx status, you’ll want to take advantage of this tout de suite. Trust me.
First, the scenarios. Let’s just say you’re an AIR MILES Onyx Collector and have a bunch of reward miles in your Dream balance, but aren’t really sure how you should redeem them. You’ve perused the AIR MILES online catalogue, but you just can’t decide what to choose. You want to treat yourself, but aren’t sure if you want to part with your miles unless something really rocks your world.
In the second scenario, you are lusting after a pair of designer shoes. You are desperate to have them, but always talk yourself out of the purchase, because it seems like a lot of money, and you rationalize that it could be better put to use. You are an AIR MILES Onyx Collector, but strappy Sam Edelman sandals are not in the reward catalogue.
But what if you could use AIR MILES reward miles to “buy” merchandise that is NOT in the catalogue?
Welcome to The World of Onyx; specifically, the Personal Shopper Service.
Says AIR MILES: “We have a team dedicated to finding and getting you a variety of rewards outside of the online catalogue using reward miles from your Dream balance. Whether it’s the latest tablet for your daughter’s birthday or that designer watch you’ve had your eye on, we dare you to dream of new ways to be rewarded.” YES!!
And the process is so super easy, I promise!
1. To request a reward through the Service, as an Onyx Collector, simply phone the Customer Care Service Centre. You don’t have to go into specifics unless you have a something particular in mind; the Personal Shopper Service Team will work with you to clarify the details – name, model number, brand, color, size, etc.
2. After the Personal Shopper Service Team has a good idea about what you’re after, they’ll be on the hunt. The follow-up time is generally within four business days of your initial inquiry, and they will provide an offer within ten business days after the full details of the requested reward have been determined.
3. Take a moment to review the offer. The reward offer sets out the number of reward miles from your Dream balance required to redeem for your requested reward. And good news – the offer reflects fulfillment, shipping and any other costs associated with securing the reward. So, no hidden fees! If the Personal Shopper Service Team says it will be x-number of reward miles for a Michael Kors watch, then that’s the exact number to get it to your doorstep.
4. The reward offer is non-negotiable and is valid only for the requesting Onyx Collector for the specified timeframe set out in the reward offer. Translation: decide quickly because the offer can and will expire!
5. Once you’ve confirmed that you’d like to go ahead with the transaction, your Dream balance will be debited for the miles owed, and your amazing reward will arrive within 3-4 weeks. Congratulations! You just rewarded yourself on your own terms. Click here for a full list of FAQs.
(Heads up to you bargainistas: I repeat, the reward offer is non-negotiable, similar to the online Dream rewards catalogue.)
So, lusting after a Pandora charm bracelet? If you are an Onyx Collector, you can let your reward miles pay for it – sans guilt! I am in love with this new service! It allows you to make the most of your Dream balance like never before.
Keep collecting, friends, and before you know it… you’ll Step into The World of Onyx.