Okay, perhaps I’m oversimplifying the process. But truly, that’s how easy it was to get a brand new leather sectional in my basement, and overall, we are thrilled with the results.
A couple of weeks ago, I shared with y’all news that I had the opportunity to receive a brand new sectional from Wholesale Furniture Brokers, with the promise that I’d review their ordering process, in addition to the quality, value and selection of their furniture. Well, I’ve already touched on the incredible selection, value and ease – and today, I’d love to chat about everything that went down behind the scenes to get the couch into our Man Cave.
Now even though I’ve always touted the virtues of online shopping, at the eleventh hour, I chickened out and placed my order by calling their Sales team. And to tell the truth, I’m glad I did! The representative was friendly, knowledgeable and literally held my hand from start to finish, letting me know what to expect (more on that later) and how to reach out if I needed assistance or clarity.
(When I complimented her on her thoroughness, she informed me that had I ordered online, I would’ve been privy to all the information she was sharing, so she was simply doing her part to ensure I had everything I needed.)
Since the sectional we had selected – the Toronto Tufted Black Leather Corner Sectional Sofa by True Contemporary – was considered a “Quick Ship Canada” item, I knew that it would leave the warehouse in 1 – 3 business days with an estimated delivery of 1 – 17 business days. So, we waited.
During the entire shipping process, I received e-mail updates from Wholesale Furniture Brokers to inform me of the location and status of my shipment. And when it appeared that the sectional was right around the corner, I received a phone call to remind me about the delivery, and that one of their delivery partners would contact me directly to arrange a drop-off. Completely smooth sailing, friends!
However, here’s where we experienced the only hiccup throughout the experience. During my initial phone call, the representative let me know that the delivery driver would not help with bringing the furniture into the home; that it was his responsibility to simply drop off the furniture. And I guess that made sense to me; in order to offer free delivery, there’s no way I could expect furniture set up as well. I cleared my garage and was cool to have it dropped off there until my husband and a friend could bring it down to the basement.
Er – or so I thought. I’m extremely happy that I paid attention to the rep’s advice and ensured that my husband was home on delivery day. Because the driver pulled up across the street, and phoned us to let us know he was there. When my husband went to meet him, he said, and I quote: “Go get your couch.” So, my husband had to walk around to the back of the truck, and figure out how he was going to bring three large pieces of furniture by himself from across the street into our garage. When he asked the driver to back in to our driveway to make it easier, the driver refused. My husband came inside the house and said, “Unless you want me standing with our sectional in the middle of the street, you’d better get your boots on and get out here.”
Thankfully, I think the driver took pity on the sight of me getting ready to climb in the truck, and he ended up helping my husband place the pieces in our garage. All of the boxes were in perfect condition and we were now incredibly excited to see what was inside!
(Disclaimer: The delivery driver is outsourced, and NOT an employee of Wholesale Furniture Brokers. Hence, this is not a typical experience that you’d expect – perhaps my driver just got up on the wrong side of the bed!)
*EDIT* Response from Wholesale Furniture Brokers:
As the president and CEO of Wholesale Furniture Brokers I did want to comment on your delivery experience. I would say that is not a typical experience and that does not make me particularly thrilled and I will look into that with that company and the terminal that delivered your sectional in particular.
Two things to note.
1. We do our best to partner with reliable, courteous and professional shipping companies. Given that we are shipping larger items and furniture in particular which needs to be handled with care that limits us in the companies available to perform deliveries and in particular residential deliveries of items this size. We have partnered with companies that provide the best overall service and value in order to provide our customers with the exceptional value we do try to provide. Most drivers will automatically take the furniture off the truck and technically put it in the first covered area. For most people that is their garage, carport or entryway. I am surprised and unimpressed with your experience and will be looking into this further.
2. The second point I want to make is that Inside Placement is available for an additional $100. That will get your furniture delivered into your room of choice. A third option is to choose the White Glove Delivery option which will get your new furniture delivered to your room of choice, setup and all the debris removed. – Sergei Tashlikowich, President and CEO
(Have to say that I’m duly impressed that Mr. Tashlikowich took the time to address my concerns!)
Now here’s a very important disclaimer: As you know, I am in the middle of my #ProjectManCave, and want to ensure that I don’t give too much away. Hence, the following photos are of the sectional only, and if you’d like to see the whole room, you’ll just have to tune in tomorrow when I reveal our new entertainment area!
We are absolutely tickled pink with the quality and comfort of this leather sectional. The seating is firm with just the right amount of support while being “cuddle-friendly” and a great place to crash for late night movie marathons.
Official Product Description: “The Toronto Tufted Black Leather Corner Sectional Sofa by True Contemporary offers the perfect combination of comfort and style for your modern home. You’ll sink into this sectional and feel comfortably supported by the deep seating cushions each time you sit back. This sectional is designed to last with its durable hardwood frame, sinuous spring base, and pocket coil cushions. Give your home a fashionable upgrade with the contemporary styling of this sectional.” – Wholesale Furniture Brokers
The photos were taken in our basement, so of course, the lighting is not ideal. However, it’s hard to deny the sectional is absolutely gorgeous; clean and contemporary, just perfect for basements or family rooms alike. The Toronto Tufted Black Leather Corner Sectional is also available in an L-shaped design through Wholesale Furniture Brokers, but since we wanted to optimize space in our Man Cave, we opted for the smaller, more symmetric version (also available in cream leather).
(Oh! I just realized that I didn’t even mention setup. Seriously, it was a breeze. We simply had to hook the pieces together. Done in 60 seconds; one of our easiest DIY’s this year!)
All in all, we are definitely on board for online furniture shopping, and I wanted to thank Wholesale Furniture Brokers for allowing me to experience and review the process from start to finish. Three things you need to know:
1) The selection is fabulous. With thousands of options – including Canadian Made furniture – you’re sure to find something you love.
2) Wholesale Furniture Brokers offers FREE shipping on ALL of their products. And, “Quick Ship Canada” items are delivered even faster; their Canadian stock leaves the warehouse in 1 – 3 business days with an estimated delivery of 1 – 17 business days. So, the low price you see is exactly what you pay, plus provincial taxes. And, since the items ship from Canada, there are no hidden taxes or tariffs, either.
3) Since you’re buying wholesale, you’re saving cash. “We have been importing containers of product directly to our Canadian warehouses to offer lower prices and shorter shipping times. Our prices are becoming more competitive and we’re able to offer shorter lead times so we can give more value to our Canadian customers,” says Sergei Tashlikowich, Wholesale Furniture Brokers’ CEO.
Stay tuned, friends! I’ve got a very special giveaway with Wholesale Furniture Brokers coming up!