Friends, this weekend will go down in history as two of the busiest shopping days of the year. Yes, it’s the weekend before the weekend before Christmas! Also known as the time that panic sets in; you’ve got loved ones to shop for, and precious time is running out.
Okay, so I’m not going to try to alleviate your fears, because the truth is, y’all need to get it together. If there was ever a time to be a Power Shopping Pro, it’s NOW!
Shopping in person? Bring patience and *try* to remember the joyousness of the season as you stand in store lineups and navigate an overfull parking lot. And if you’re shopping online (my preferred option), be snappy: there are only a handful of days left to receive your items in time for Christmas.
Of course, I wouldn’t be a shopping guru unless I shared some of my best tips! This season, I’ve partnered with airmilesshops.ca to provide you with suggestions to make this year’s holiday shopping easy, fun and full of savings!
1. Mimic the man in red by making a list and checking it twice: Be sure to take into account stocking stuffers, hostess gifts and even wrapping paper. A good tip is to buy a few generic gifts (candles are always great!) just in case you receive a few unexpected gifts from acquaintances and neighbours and want to reciprocate the gesture.
2. Avoid the last-minute crowds by shopping online: Keep stress and overspending at bay by skipping the mall and shopping from the comforts of your own home. airmilesshops.ca is a one stop shopping destination with amazing retailers from Apple to Old Navy!
3. Work, family and neighbourhood holiday parties can take-up a lot of time, so make the most of a free hour by “power shopping” online: As all moms know, alone time is rare and precious which is why power shopping is so important! Take advantage of nap time, TV time or your lunch break to buy all of your gifts online at airmilesshops.ca.
4. If you just can’t avoid the last minute gift rush: Check items off your online list first and then head to the mall for any items left on your list. Beat the crowds by arriving right when the mall opens or closes and study the mall’s layout to ensure your shopping is as efficient as possible. Holiday bills can add-up fast so be sure to take advantage of special bonus offers: Using a shopping portal to make purchases, such as airmilesshops.ca, allows you to take advantage of special merchant offers while increasing your rewards points exponentially. For the most rewarding shopping experience, use both your AIR MILES Collector card and your affiliated credit card to complete a purchase and earn even more miles.
5. Don’t forget to rack up the rewards: While we are often asked if we collect AIR MILES reward miles when we shop in-store, we don’t receive that same cue when shopping online. Hence, make sure you set airmilesshops.ca as your home page RIGHT NOW. It will be your reminder to collect all those fabulous reward miles when you make your purchases this weekend and beyond!
Last month, I co-hosted a very special event in Toronto to help introduce influencers to airmilesshops.ca.
airmilesshops.ca is the ONLY online shopping mall that gives Collectors the ability to earn reward miles as well as access to over 140+ major brand name stores. And earning AIR MILES reward miles while shopping online through airmilesshops.ca is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
Step One: Sign In – Sign in with your AIR MILES Collector Number and click “Shop Now”
Step Two: Shop – You will be taken to the retailer’s online site and shop as you normally would
Step Three: Earn – When you check out you will earn AIR MILES reward miles on your purchase!
All you have to do is remember to sign in through the portal and you’ll automatically earn rewards. And since your privacy and security is of the utmost importance, each and every retailer that is under the “virtual roof” of airmilesshops.ca uses a secure SSL checkout. Hence, you’ll always have peace of mind when shopping online.
Sounds fabulous? We think so too!
(Top: @Mom2Michael, @FabFrugalMama and @AerynLynne; Middle: @ShopwithRobin and @SandyEl; Bottom: @TOBeautyReviews and @MomsMakeupStash. Thanks to all the amazing women, not pictured, who joined us!)
So, you have the tools – and I know you have the motivation – GET SHOPPING! Visit airmilesshops.ca.
I still have quite a bit of shopping to do 9if you call shopping for 10 people “a bit”!) and am holding off on hitting the malls. I hate crowds! Perhaps this online shopping thing isn’t a bad idea after all…
It isn’t Sarah! And now that you can be rewarded for staying at home at beating the crowds – why resist? :)
I need to post a sign on my screen that says “Sign in to Air Miles Shops First Dummy” !!! I keep forgetting,,, and then do the *facepalm* AFTER I realized what I didn’t do first….
Ah, you are not alone! Hence, why I suggested that you make it your home page – especially during the holiday season when you’re doing the most shopping :)
those are some great tips
Thanks Mr. Disco!
I always check in with airmilesshops.ca to see if I can earn Air Miles on my purchases. Extra perk on shopping online!
Absolutely Heidi – so awesome to hear that!
I’m half and half with using airmiles shops to do on-line shopping, sometimes I remember, and other times I forget…
We must change that! Why miss out on the reward miles?
I definitely need to start using collecting air miles! great tips!
You definitely do – it’s nice to reward yourself!
Judy C (Judy Cowan)
Great tips! I am done my Christmas shopping for this year……happy dance :)
Happy Dance Judy! Woo hoo!
Awesome tips, guess I should really get my arse in gear, & apply them! oi
YES! You should!
**airmilesshops.ca is the ONLY online shopping mall that gives Collectors the ability to earn reward miles as well as access to over 140+ major brand name stores
I am showing this to the hubster. We are always looking for ways to build the air miles. Thanks for sharing.
You’re so welcome! It’s the only way to take advantage of AIR MILES reward miles online, so it’s definitely worth bookmarking!
I usually remember to go through airmiles first, hubby always forgets. Love that they have 2X, 3X, sometimes 10X the points specials.
Indeed! It’s such an easy way to rack up the rewards!
Thanks for these awesome tips Lena – it makes shopping so much easier especially during the holiday season!
You’re very welcome Marissa!
Chandra Christine O'Connor
Maybe next year, give it a whirl, this year keeping it homemade.
For sure! Happy you’re done your shopping this year!
I need to be better at remembering to check out via airmilesshops.ca! It’s a great way for me to amp up my mileage! :)
Absolutely! And why not be rewarded for when you shop??
Such a fun event! I just posted about this today :) Happy Holidays bella.
Sandra – @makeupjunkie19
Thanks Sandra – it was so wonderful to meet you!
I have been shopping online more and more. My Airmiles collector card is finally getting points!
Yay! Collect those rewards and treat yourself!