Note: The following giveaway is open to Canadians only.
There are a few things I get really excited about:
1) Finding a $5 bill in an old jean jacket pocket.
2) Watching the sun stream through on a cloudy day.
3) Being given a choice. To me, choices = empowerment.
And speaking of choices, I’m so pleased to announce that on Tuesday, McDonald’s Canada introduced their NEW Signature McWrap! Now, you no longer have to sacrifice convenience to feel good about the food you enjoy – the new Signature McWrap combines delicious vegetables, juicy grilled or crispy seasoned chicken breast and tasty sauces in a whole-wheat tortilla.
Why the McWrap is Awesome:
– Each Signature McWrap is made with 100 per cent seasoned chicken breast (grilled or crispy) and served with delicious ingredients including shredded lettuce, crispy cucumber, and fresh tomato. So, busy moms on the go can enjoy a quick, convenient wrap and have a perfectly proportioned, balanced meal too.
– Anne Parks, Director of Menu Management for McDonald’s Canada, experimented with different recipes to complement the specific taste preferences of Canadians. Hence, the Canadian version of the Fiesta Signature McWrap had to have a crunch factor, which Parks created by adding chili lime seasoned tortilla strips. Canadians also love spicy food, says Parks, so she pumped up the heat in the Sweet Chili Signature McWrap. Parks also knew that a whole wheat wrap would be a hit in Canada. As a result, we are the first country to feature a whole wheat wrap for the menu item.
– The Signature McWrap is available in three mouth-watering flavours:
• Sweet Chili Signature McWrap – fresh cucumber and sweet spicy Thai sauce
• Fiesta Signature McWrap – tomatoes, chili lime seasoned tortilla strips, shredded Monterey Jack and light cheddar cheese and tomato salsa sauce
• Chicken and Bacon Signature McWrap – tomatoes and Jalapeno Monterey Jack cheese
However, the single most important reason that I’m so excited about the Signature McWrap comes down to one thing – choice. 80 per cent of lunch occasions take place on-the-go (The NPD Group/National Eating Trends) and as a busy Canadian mom, I love having the option of enjoying a delicious, satisfying, portable meal that offers something from every major food group. I appreciate being able to choose a spicy, Fiesta Signature McWrap if the mood strikes me – or, perhaps select my old standby, a Quarter Pounder with Cheese :) The introduction of the new Signature McWrap means that the entire family can satisfy their cravings – while making personal choices based on their tastes and nutritional preference. And since they retail for just $4.99 plus tax, they’re deliciously affordable, too. Now that’s a McWrap!
AWESOME ALERT! I have even MORE amazing news to share – next Thursday, May 23rd, I’ll be co-hosting an intimate event with Anne Parks, Director of Menu Management, at a McDonald’s restaurant in Toronto (Victoria Park and St. Clair location). We’ll have a picnic-style late lunch and sample the new Signature McWrap. You’ll have a chance to chat menu inspiration with Anne, and I’ll graciously help you taste test a delicious new McWrap (twist my arm!). Want to join us? Five (5) lucky Listen to Lena readers will receive an exclusive invitation to the event. You MUST be available for about an hour in early-mid afternoon on Thursday, May 23rd, and you’ll be responsible for your own transportation to/from the picnic. BONUS: We may have a savoury surprise or two up our sleeves!
If you’d like to attend, simply send me an e-mail to indicate your interest. If more than five readers would like to swing by, I’ll randomly draw for the winners.
Not in the GTA? No worries! FOUR lucky Canadian readers will win a Signature McWrap Picnic Prize Pack valued at over $150! Included: Ten (10) “Be My Guest” cards to try the new Signature McWrap for free; a checkered fleece blanket; reusable bamboo plates and cutlery (2 sets); and a Frisbee!
To enter, simply fill the form below with your qualifying entries. Good luck everybody!
So… which Signature McWrap will you try first? If you’ve already indulged, join the conversation on Twitter by tweeting myself (@Listen2Lena) and @McD_Canada with the hashtag #SavourtheFlavour. We’d love to hear what you think!