There was a time when I was all about saving money. Don’t get me wrong; I’m much too naturally
cheap frugal to allow myself to go on an adulterated spending spree. However, you could say that my emphasis has shifted from saving money (which I still do aggressively) to making money while spending money. You know – taking advantage of all the perks and benefits available to Canadians who like to be rewarded for their shopping habits. It’s sensible, no?
So when I was recently approached by CAA to discover the savings and rewards associated with being a member, it went something like this:
“I don’t need my car towed, thanks.”
“Well there’s more to CAA than automobile assistance.”
“Hello? I said I don’t need a tow.”
“Um, and I said that there are REWARDS to being a CAA member that you really should look into.”
“Sure, sure. I think someone needs a tow.”
Okay, that’s not exactly how the conversation went down. But hands up if you associate CAA with roadside assistance? Yeah, I’m guilty too. In fact, I can say with complete honesty that CAA was never on my radar as a source of savings and rewards, and for a shopaholic like myself, I really should have known better.
Two words: MIND BLOWN.
First, yes, CAA provides automobile assistance. I mean, that’s a given no? But did you know that CAA members also receive exclusive savings on travel, sporting events, shopping, insurance, dining and entertainment – and more? It’s true! And, you’ll also be eligible to earn CAA Dollars at participating merchants – every CAA Dollar you earn equals $1.00 CAD, and you can redeem CAA Dollars towards your next dream vacation, travel merchandise, membership renewal, gift memberships or even your insurance renewal premium.
So, even though I don’t need a tow, I do need a top. And maybe some capris. And definitely a dress.
Armed with my brand new CAA Membership Card (generously supplied by CAA), I was out and about shopping yesterday evening. On my radar, the Banana Republic Factory Store, to find an outfit or two for the upcoming Disney Social Media Moms Conference. (Read about my fashion panic here.)
Bonus? CAA Members receive an additional 10% off regular and sale merchandise. Score!
Upon entering the store I found THE perfect maxi dress for Conference Day One (pictured front). It was light, flowy, and featured an abstract floral pattern in one of my favourite colours for summer. The price: $109.99, less 40%. And when I presented my membership card at checkout, I instantly saved another 10%. A girl can get used to this!
Click here to see the plethora of merchants who offer further discounts to card members. And if you’re not already part of the program, it’s time to crunch some numbers. Yes, you will receive roadside assistance. But you’ll also automatically reap the following benefits:
– The Show Your Card & Save (SYC&S) program delivers savings directly to you and can even help cover the cost of your CAA membership renewal. As a CAA Member, you’re automatically eligible to receive savings with a wide variety of partners on products and services you already used.
– Every time you swipe your CAA membership card at participating partner locations, you can earn up to 15% back in CAA Dollars. Earning CAA Dollars is like making a deposit into your bank account. And, just like your bank account, CAA Dollars keep growing unless you spend them.
– Protect you and your loved ones from the cost of any unexpected medical emergencies while you are out-of-province or abroad with CAA Travel Insurance.
– Whether you drive a car, motorcycle or RV, you can trust CAA Insurance. CAA believes that you should not be penalized for your first at-fault accident. Their Forgive and Forget policy is just one way to show how CAA cares.
– Find all inclusive and last minute vacation packages with CAA’s newly enhanced booking engine. If you have any inquiries on travel products booked online, the CAA Travel Centre is there to assist you.
– CAA Members can enjoy special savings on tickets to the hottest attractions throughout Canada and the US. CityPASS is the ideal bargain for both first-time and experienced travellers; one simple online purchase and you’re on your way to the top museums, sightseeing, and attractions.
Whew! Who knew one little membership card could have so many rewards? If you’ve yet to discover the benefits of joining CAA (or, if you drive a lemon), perhaps it’s time to think about membership. (You can also enter to win 1 of 3 Disney Parks Vacations for 4, just sayin’!)
This post is sponsored by CAA South Central Ontario. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.