NOTE: The following giveaway is open to US/Canadian residents only.
It was a question that we weighed with much thought and consideration. It was a decision that we did not come to lightly; we spent many moments pondering, soliciting advice and listing the pros and cons.
“Should we bring a double stroller to Walt Disney World?”
To many, the answer would be glaringly obvious… YES! There’s so much walking to do, and with two toddlers, why take on the hassle of running after one – or two?
However, on the other hand, Ryder is a tall 4-year-old who hasn’t been in a stroller for almost two years now, so we questioned whether he would even cooperate and sit next to his little brother. Plus, aren’t double strollers bulky and awkward to travel with?
And then.. the heavens parted… and we were sent the Britax B-AGILE Double stroller to review. Or, as I like to call it – the Swagger Wagon 2.0.
Here’s Why it’s AWESOME:
– Quick-Fold with Automatic Chassis Lock
– Lightweight aluminum frame
– Less than 30.5 inches wide to fit through standard doorways
– Large under seat storage with access through front foot rest
– Two additional storage pockets behind seats
– Separate large canopies with ventilation windows
– Height adjustable handle
– CLICK & GO integrated adapter system
– No re-thread, adjustable, five-point harness and head pad
– Infinite seat recline positions
– Linked parking brake locks both rear wheels
– All-wheel suspension provides for a smooth ride
– Included: BRITAX CLICK & GO infant car seat receivers
– Appropriate from birth up to 50 lbs per seat
– MSRP (CAD) $499.99
Here’s Why it was AWESOME for us:
I had a pre-conceived notion that side-by-side double strollers were bulky and hard to manoeuvre. Yes, the B-AGILE Double was much heavier than our single umbrella stroller, but that’s pretty much the only “con” I could come up with. For our trip to Walt Disney World, there were just so many amazing benefits –
1. Full overhead shades. Did someone say sunny and 35°C? Just the Orlando meteorologist, that’s all. So the full cover for the boys was particularly welcome. When mom and dad are whiny from walking around in the heat, that’s one thing. Whiny toddlers? I’d be taking a flight back home.
2. Authentic one-handed steering. I placed the word “authentic” in there because the B-AGILE Double truly employs the best of one-handed control mechanisms – better than most single strollers! And, this is possible with approximately 70 pounds of kiddage occupying both seats. Steering with one hand is particularly valuable while traveling – have you ever tried to push a stroller and pull a 30″ suitcase at the same time? It can be done with the B-AGILE Double!
3. One sweet ride. Both boys were incredibly comfy and actually asked to sit in the stroller at times during our vacation. Even Ryder, who notoriously crawls out of everything, preferred to be chauffeured around in the Swagger Wagon as opposed to walking around the theme park. It was heaven! Plus, ergonomic weight distribution meant that the stroller was also a joy to push, making it one sweet ride for both parents and toddlers.
4. Storage in seconds. Walking on and off planes, trains, buses and a Magical Express meant that we had to fold the stroller several times per day. Thank goodness it’s a breeze to fold, store and operate! The B-AGILE Double collapses in seconds (even with a full underseat storage) and locks into place with almost no effort. Returning the stroller to the open position takes all of one, firm shake. Et voila! We’re ready for our next adventure.
5. No re-thread harness. Sometimes the boys decided to have a little fun and switch seats. Normally, this would have been a pain (as Ryder’s got a good 10 inches on Reid and therefore, a separate harness height) – but with the quick, no re-thread harness, a simple adjustment from the back and we were good to go. It’s a great feature that is also useful if kiddos go from heavy winter gear outdoors to lighter wear inside.
Want to see the folder in action? My boys demonstrate how easy it is to enjoy the double stroller:
Click here to visit Britax.
One lucky reader will win a Britax B-AGILE Double Stroller! (Value $499.99) Simply fill the form below with your qualifying entries. Good luck!