I said SQUEE! – not squeal – so get your mind out of the gutter!
Let’s be honest – men THINK they know how to make us SQUEE!, but really, they have no idea. Flowers, chocolate, champagne? Yeah, they have their time and place – namely 8:00pm on February 14th. But for the rest of the year, don’t think we melt over sugary confections and short-lived foliage.
(ATTENTION MEN: Though that doesn’t mean you should stop gifting them – it’s your duty to spoil us even when we tell you not to. “You shouldn’t have!” = You shouldn’t have bought the second-least expensive bouquet. Aim higher next time, please and thank you.)
So today, I’m here to share five of the most trusted ways to a woman’s heart. They may seem unconventional, but they’re tried, true and sure to please that special lady in your life. Don’t believe me? The results are based on a survey of 1,000 women across Canada. (Note: there was no survey.)
1. A Free Product Coupon.
Nothing makes a woman jump for joy more than being able to redeem a kick-ass coupon. In fact, given the choice of a box of chocolates or free product coupons for Olivieri Pasta, I’d take the pasta coupons every time. If you don’t have an FPC on hand, go big and go for the gift card. There are few pleasures in life as great as spending someone else’s money.
2. Time Away from YOU.
You don’t need to send her off to a spa or arrange a special day of pampering. Just leave, and be sure to take the kids with you. And don’t come back for at least 8 hours. Then she can do what she really wants to do: reread 50 Shades of Grey while eating cool whip straight from the tub; watch the 14.5 hours of TV she’s got backed up on her PVR; and organize her free product coupons.
3. Her Correct Starbucks Order.
Are there any straight men who can successfully fulfill this Starbucks order?
Venti 1 pump caramel, 1 pump white mocha, 2 scoops vanilla bean powder, extra ice frappuchino with 2 shots poured over the top (apagotto style) with caramel drizzle under and on top of the whipped cream, double cupped.
Believe me, there are men out there who can. So there’s no excuse to mess up her Tall Caramel No foam, No Whip, Extra Caramel Macchiato. In fact, being able to return with a woman’s correct Starbucks order is next to saintliness. We’re not asking for much! Just a decent $4.59 coffee beverage.
4. Three Words: You’re Right, Dear.
Better than sex, I promise. And the afterglow will last much, much longer.
Girls like shiny, pretty things. And there’s so much shiny and pretty crammed into the special edition set, I can’t even handle it. The dazzling set features 16 mini nail colors in Sephora by OPI’s bestsellers, trend shades and basics – plus a full-size jewel top coat. Are you in love yet? It’s ON SALE right now for $39.00, down from $59.00.
I had the awesome opportunity to get my hands on it, and let me tell you – it’s definite SQUEE! material.
The set contains 16 x 0.125 oz Nail Colour in:
1. I’m Wired (opaque electric coral red)
2. Already Famous (sheer pewter with medium champagne and silver glitter)
3. A True Romantic (sheer cool light pink)
4. What Aura Gonna Wear? (opaque hot pink)
5. And a Cherry On Top (opaque vivid maraschino)
6. S-Age Is Just A Number (opaque chrome gold with two tone effect)
7. I Think I Cayenne (opaque metallic red-orange)
8. Read My Palm (opaque light jade green)
9. Just a Pinch of Glitter (opaque charcoal fine glitter with chunky silver glitter)
10. Just a Little Dangerous (opaque metallic amethyst)
11. I Don’t Bite (opaque soft purple with fine holographic glitter)
12. Thyme For a Mani (opaque light khaki)
13. Meet Me At the Disco (clear with medium silver and iridescent glitter)
14. Leotard Optional (opaque mocha beige)
15. Merry Me (opaque red with micro red glitter)
16. Break a Leg Warmer! (opaque charcoal gray)
17. 0.5 oz Nail Colour in Only Gold For Me Top Coat (clear with chunky and micro gold glitter)
18. I Think I Cayenne (opaque metallic red-orange) with Only Gold For Me Top Coat
Good to know: Sephora by OPI nail lacquers are long-wearing, chip-resistant shades. As always, the formulas do not contain dibutylphthalate (DBP), toluene, or formaldehyde.
I’m not usually a fan of metallic oranges but in this case, I am crushing on I Think I Cayenne. Loved the shade so much that I paired it with the top coat on the color wheel, resulting in a very Bollywood-esque hue (pictured above, bottom left).
For under $40, you’re sure to impress her this holiday season with the Sephora by OPI Tinsel Town Collector’s Set. Also a great girlfriend’s gift or present for teens, it’s a terrific value for the hottest looks in town. SQUEE!