It’s been a couple of months since I last raved about my Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook. Missed my review? Then you’re definitely missing out – and we can’t have that!
If you’re looking for the Coles Notes version, here you go:
2. Exceptionally Fast: The XPS 13 boots up in UNDER 8 seconds (on average for me, 4-5 seconds each time). With a solid-state drive and Intel Rapid Start Technology, you can actually come out of sleep mode in just ONE (1) second!
3. Full keyboard: With a full backlit keyboard, enjoy a comfort-designed, soft-touch palmrest and integrated button touchpad with gesture support.
4. Large display: The innovative design of XPS 13 enables an expansive 13.3” edge-to-edge display in a compact body similar to an 11″ laptop.
5. Long battery life: The Ultrabook actually has an extraordinary battery life – on a full charge, up to 8 hours and 52 minutes, to be exact!
6. Powerful: With 2nd Generation Intel Core processors, this Ultrabook delivers enviable speed and performance. The optional 2nd gen Intel Core i7 processors and Intel HD 3000 graphics can help you stay on top of your world.
However, let’s call a spade a spade. Sure, I love the XPS 13 for all the specs noted above. And, the ultrabook has logged many miles with me in the last two months: East Aurora, NY; New York City, NY; Niagara Falls, NY – are you seeing a pattern here? Apparently I love New York!
BUT – the single, most important reason I love the Dell XPS 13? Allow me to demonstrate. See those pretty handbags below? Yes, they’re all designer purses – terribly expensive, of course, and they happen to be some of the most sought after accessories for Fall 2012.
(Oh, Christian Louboutin, how dare you design both shoes and handbags that I lust after?)
The point is: Can you see a similarity between all the bags below? Look closely, I’ll give you a second.
Nothing comes to mind yet? Well, let’s pretend for a moment that I owned all of these handbags. (Shh! Don’t burst my bubble. A girl can dream!) I’d definitely be in luck – because my favourite feature of the Dell XPS 13 is its portability! Put your X-RAY goggles on, friends, and you’ll see what I mean:
See? An XPS 13 Ultrabook toted along in each purse, comfortably! Weighing it at only 2.99 lbs, trust me – you won’t even know it’s there.
And what’s good for the designer handbag is good for the school bag! Until September 6th, Dell has a sweet back to school offer – and what student doesn’t love saving a little money?
With Dell’s “Spend some, get some” deal, students who spend over $750 on select Dell PCs will receive an additional $50 off instantly; those who spend $1,000 will receive an additional $75 off; and finally, those who spend $1,250 or more receive $100 off. Both of these amazing deals are available through purchase on Dell.ca and by phone at 1-800-WWW-DELL. Proof of valid student enrollment at a Canadian high school, college or university is required. Please visit: www.dell.ca/mpp for further information and to participate in these deals.
So whether you’re thinking high fashion or high school, I love the XSP 13 for its lightweight portability. If you’ve been following my tweets, you’ll know that I just can’t stop raving about it:
*Disclaimer: MY cute handbags cost less than my mortgage payment. #frugalfashionista