(But, not if you’re hungry. Looking at the pictures necessitated a second 3pm snack for me. Grrr.)
Now I promised that I’d share more information about the star of the show: Samsung’s French-Door Refrigerators, and in particular, their WiFi-enabled 4-door French Door model.
Disclaimer: If you eat fresh, and have a kitchen, you WILL want this refrigerator. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
So what’s the big deal? How about:
• Wi-Fi 8″ TFT-LCD Touch Screen that gives access to apps, the ability to post photos and communicate with your fridge from your mobile device and tablet
• Keep kitchens and families organized with special apps like Epicurious and Grocery Manager; great for busy families, tell the Epicurious app what groceries are in your fridge and it will suggest recipes while the Grocery Manager lets you set visual expiration reminders on-screen, further protecting investments in fresh food
• 28 cu.ft capacity means fewer trips to the grocery store
• Samsung’s Twin Cooling Plus system uses two evaporators to keep humidity high inside the fresh food section – fresh food stays fresher, longer, with no odour transfer between fridge & freezer
• Independent Flex Zone Mid-Convertible counter-height drawer with 4 temperature settings and Smart Divider for flexible storage
• Slimmer design features mean more storage capacity without taking up more floor space (slimmer water filter, slimmer ice system, vacuum insulated panels and more)
… and more. It’s every
gadget freak’s mom’s dream!
I mean sure, it’s got some great bells and whistles, and I have no doubt that after a short learning curve this would be THE FRIDGE to own. In fact, a quick demo of the App features nearly knocked my socks off.
And I suppose that the Twin Cooling System feature is also pretty rad; using two evaporators to independently control the temperatures of the refrigerator and freezer compartments, the fridge maintains proper humidity levels, keeps foods fresher longer and prevents odour transfers between compartments.
But what has me TOTALLY SMITTEN? The counter-height, Flex Zone Mid-Convertible Drawer with Smart Divider. It’s at a perfect height for children to see food clearly and reach for healthy snacks. And with four unique temperature settings, this space can also flexibly adjust to keep meat or fish at a soft freeze for longer lasting freshness.
There are so many reasons I love this feature. First, Ryder is at an age where he truly believes he has free reign of our fridge, and, he happens to adore fresh fruit. Being able to keep delicious cut fruit for him at toddler-height – while isolating the more spill-worthy items such as milk and beer bottles – is a dream come true. Second, how many of y’all shop for just enough fruits and vegetables to fit in your crisper drawer? You’re not alone – to avoid having produce spoil in their fridge, 67% of Canadians buy smaller quantities of fresh produce – missing an opportunity to eat better at home. The new Flex Zone Mid-Convertible Drawer is like an investment in your good health. Want!
To celebrate the Olympic Spirit, I’ll be back later this week to share some fresh tips from Kelly Anne Erdman, the Performance Dietitian for Team Canada at the 2012 London Olympic Games. Until then, check out Samsung’s French-Door Refrigerators and fuel your passion for fresh.