QUAKER® #StopCOMPAREnting Twitter Party Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR AND MODERATOR: The sponsor of this Contest is PepsiCo Canada ULC (the “Contest Sponsor”) and will be moderated on behalf of the Contest Sponsor by Lena Almeida of Listen to Lena Inc. (the “Moderator”) through @Listen2Lena.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are at least the age of majority in their province/territory of residence on the date of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: employees, contractors, agents, representatives, directors and officers of the Contest Sponsor, the Moderator, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated or related companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step” of each, regardless of where they live) and those living in their same households (whether related or not). Twitter is not associated with or responsible for the administration of this Contest.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The QUAKER® #stopCOMPAREnting Twitter Party Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 8:00 pm ET on November 29, 2016 and ends at 9:00 pm ET on November 29, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
4. TO PLAY: You must register online as a Quaker Canada follower on Twitter at www.twitter.com/QuakerCanada (the “Website”) to participate. To be a Quaker Canada follower, you must be a registered user on Twitter (a third party Website). If you do not have a Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at www.twitter.com. You will be asked to provide your first and last name and email address and to set up a user name and password. You may also be asked to answer optional questions; however, they need not be answered in order to be eligible for the Game. YOU MUST REGISTER BY THE ABOVE REGISTRATION METHOD TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST.
During the Contest Period, the Moderator, @Listen2Lena, will tweet questions on behalf of the Contest Sponsor relating to the real side of parenting (the “Initiating Tweets”) that invite participants to reply using the hashtag #stopCOMPAREnting and including the Twitter handle @QuakerCanada and sharing with the community (a “Response”). Eight (8) questions will be tweeted throughout the Contest Period. You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest for one (1) Response to each Initiating Tweet that is viewable by the Contest Sponsor through Twitter at the end of each Draw Period (as defined below). Each Response must include the #stopCOMPAREnting hashtag, include the Twitter handle @QuakerCanada and must clearly respond to the topic included in the Initiating Tweet, as determined in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible or lost Responses. The Contest Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for this Contest.
5. HOW TO WIN: Eight (8) draws will be held in accordance with the table below:
Draw Period Start End Prizes
(all prizes are worth approximately $220 CAD)
1 8:00:00 pm ET 8:07:29 pm ET $200 VISA gift card and approx. $20 in QUAKER® products
2 8:07:30 pm ET 8:14:59 pm ET $200 VISA gift card and approx. $20 in QUAKER® products
3 8:15:00 pm ET 8:22:29 pm ET $200 VISA gift card and approx. $20 in QUAKER® products
4 8:22:30 pm ET 8:29:59 pm ET $200 VISA gift card and approx. $20 in QUAKER® products
5 8:30:00 pm ET 8:37:29 pm ET $200 VISA gift card and approx. $20 in QUAKER® products
6 8:37:30 pm ET 8:39:59 pm ET $200 VISA gift card and approx. $20 in QUAKER® products
7 8:40:00 pm ET 8:52:29 pm ET $200 VISA gift card and approx. $20 in QUAKER® products
8 8:52:30 pm ET 9:00:00 pm ET $200 VISA gift card and approx. $20 in QUAKER® products
At the end of each Draw Period, a random draw will be held from among all eligible entries received (see Rule 2 above) to select an entrant eligible to win the Prize associated with each Draw Period in the table above. Entrants eligible to win will be contacted by Twitter Direct Message to obtain mailing address, and will be required to successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared a winner.
6. PRIZE DETAILS/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES/ODDS: Eight (8) prizes each with a retail value of $220 CAD are available to be won. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during each Draw Period. Limit one (1) prize per person, per Twitter account, and per household. Winner must accept the prize as stated. Prize cannot be substituted, transferred or exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including without limitation, a cash award. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Allow 6 – 8 weeks for delivery of prize.
7. GENERAL: Entrants eligible to win may be required to complete and sign a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability within five (5) days of attempted notification and delivery of documents. Failure to comply with this condition, correctly answer the required mathematical skill-testing question, comply with the Official Rules, or return of prize documents as undeliverable by the deadline specified by the Contest Sponsor will result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, without compensation.
By submitting a Response, you warrant and represent that it: (i) is your original work, created solely by you, and over which you have all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright; (ii) does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased; and (iii) that publication of the Response will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and Moderator from any claims involving a breach of the warranties and representations in this rule.
To be eligible to win a prize, Responses must be suitable for family audiences and for display and publication, and not contain or describe any content that is or contains the promotion of unlawful behaviour, political in nature, profanity, nudity, explicit sexuality, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or is hatefully, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or objectionable, all as determined at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
By participating, entrants who win a Prize consent to the use of their Twitter account name, first and last name, and likeness for advertising, promotion, and publicity purposes related to the Contest without additional compensation. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest or any related electronic system. In the event of an identity dispute, the entry will be considered made by the individual who can respond to a Direct Message on Twitter. By participating in the Contest, entrants release and agree to hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, and its respective parent companies, affiliates or related companies, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, their advertising/promotion agencies from any and all liability, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or with respect to participation in any prize-related activity.
Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules, and decisions of the Contest Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest. The Contest Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access of the Web site; or downloading materials from or use of the Web site. If, in the Contest Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify suspected entrants and/or modify or terminate the Contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Standard text messaging rates apply if you opt-in to receive Tweets via a cellular phone.