Rules and Regulations
#OfficialProtein Twitter Party Terms and Conditions
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU (“ENTRANT” OR “YOU”) MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL
- Eligibility. The #OfficialProtein Twitter Party is open only to Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding residents of the province of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: employees, directors, contractors, and officers of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Lena Almeida of Listen to Lena Inc. (“Listen2Lena”) (the “Moderator”), each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated or related companies, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies, and any other person or entity involved in the administration, development, and execution of this Contest. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot participate.
- Sponsor. Maple Leaf Foods, 6897 Financial Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5N0A8
- Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in this Twitter Party constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Twitter Party. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- Submission Entry Period. Entrants may make submissions via twitter following guidelines outlined in How to Enter (“Entry”) between the hours of 8:00pm and 930pm EST on November 28, 2016. Date and time can change based on twitter’s status. If date and time are changed entrants will be notified via twitter using appropriate hashtag, i.e. #OfficialProtein
- How to Enter:
- Submissions: To enter the Twitter Party entrants must submit a tweet during official party hours of 8:00pm and 9:30pm EST on November 28, 2016 using the #OfficialProtein hashtag
- Entry: By entering you agree that your Submission conforms to the conditions provided above and below;
To enter the Contest, you must have a valid Account. If you do not have an Account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free Account.
- In addition, eligible entrants (see above) must become a “follower” (the “Follower(s)”) of the two (2) Twitter accounts (each, a “Contest Account”) that correspond to the following @usernames: @MapleLeafFoods and @Listen2Lena (collectively referred as “@Contestusernames”). Note: you can un-follow any time after the Contest.
To become a Follower, an eligible entrant must: (i) visit www.twitter.com/MapleLeafFoods / www.twitter.com/Listen2Lena ; OR (ii) from his/her Twitter home page, click on the “Find People” tab and perform a search for “@MapleLeafFoods” / “@Listen2Lena” (as applicable); AND (iii) click on the “Follow” button corresponding to the applicable Contest Account.
- To enter, log into your Account and monitor the Contest Accounts for a that will be tweeted from the Contest Accounts prior to each Selection Period indicating the theme (each, a “Theme”) for the applicable Selection Period (each, a “Theme”). Next, send a reply tweet (each, a “Reply Tweet”) to the Theme Tweet using your Account during the corresponding Selection Period. If your Reply Tweet is submitted and received in compliance with these Official Contest Rules (as determined by the Moderator), you will be eligible to receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the applicable Draw (defined below) that corresponds to the applicable Selection Period.
To be eligible, your Reply Tweet must:
- include your personal, unique and original response on the topic of the corresponding Theme;
- be in accordance with the Submission Requirements listed below in Rule 4;
iii. include the following hashtag: #OfficialProtein and the @Contestusername of @Listen2Lena; (note: You may include the other @Contestusernames however they are not mandatory to receive an Entry).
- comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com; and
- conforms to Twitter’s (140) character limitation, including the Hashtag #OfficialProtein and @MapleLeafFoods & @Listen2Lena
- Any Reply Tweet that does not follow the above format (as determined by Moderator and/or Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this Contest.
- A Reply Tweet will be considered to be void (and an Entry will not be granted) if the Reply Tweet: (i) does not describe and/or discuss the applicable party theme (as determined by Moderator in its sole and absolute discretion) during the applicable Selection Period; (ii) is incomplete or illegible; (iii) is not submitted and received during the applicable Selection Period in accordance with these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”); (iv) does not include the Hashtags; (v) does not include at minimum the following @Contestusername of @Listen2Lena & @MapleLeafFoods; (vi) does not conform to Twitter’s (140) character limitation including the Hashtags; (vii) does not comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules; and/or (viii) is not in accordance with the specific Submission Requirements listed below in Rule 4 (all as determined by Moderator and/or Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
- Standard text messaging and/or data rates apply to entrants who submit a Reply Tweet via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime for each standard text message sent and received. Please call your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- You can only use one (1) e-mail address/Account to enter the Contest. Limit of one (1) Reply Tweet (Entry) per person/e-mail address/Account per Selection Period, with a total limit of six (6) Reply Tweets per person/e-mail address/Account throughout the Entry Period. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) Reply Tweet (Entry) per person/e-mail address/Account per Selection Period; (ii) obtain more than one (1) Entry per person/e-mail address/Account per Selection Period; and/or (iii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) e-mail address or Account to enter the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Moderator and/or Sponsor) he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her Reply Tweets and Entries voided. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, e-mail addresses, Accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Moderator and/or Sponsor. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Reply Tweets (all of which are void). All Reply Tweets (Entry) will be collected using a third party social listening tool and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees will not be responsible if any Reply Tweet (Entry) is not detected and/or collected.
- If any entrant provides more than one (1) Reply Tweet for any given Selection Period, only his/her first Reply Tweet will be considered for the purposes of this Contest.
- IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PERSON/FOLLOWER BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN MORE THAN THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES AS STATED IN THESE RULES.
- All entrants, Reply Tweets and Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for any other reason the Moderator and/or Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Moderator and/or Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Moderator and/or Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Moderator and/or Sponsor.
The Releasees will not be responsible for any social media service lag time and screenshots will not be accepted as proof of Reply Tweet delivery.
BY SUBMITTING A REPLY TWEET (ENTRY), YOU AGREE THAT THE REPLY TWEET (ENTRY) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES AND THE TWITTER TERMS OF SERVICE. THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF ANY REPLY TWEET (ENTRY) YOU SUBMIT. THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES.
Without limiting the generality of the requirements noted above, to be eligible for entry in this Contest, any Reply Tweet (Entry) you submit must be your personal and original response on the topic of the applicable Theme (i.e. you cannot Retweet someone else’s answer or submit the same answer more than one time in this Contest). Your Reply Tweet (Entry) must be written in English only.
By submitting a Reply Tweet (Entry), each entrant warrants and represents that such Reply Tweet (Entry):
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Reply Tweet (Entry) to enter the Contest;
does not violate any law;
iii. does not contain any reference to any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from each such individual and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence; will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims whatsoever; and is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor; conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
By entering the Contest and submitting a Reply Tweet (Entry), each entrant: (i) without limiting the Twitter Terms of Service, grants to the Sponsor and/or Moderator (and others authorized by the Sponsor), in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Reply Tweet (Entry), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Reply Tweet (Entry) in favour of the Contest Parties; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other cause of action that relate in any way to his/her Reply Tweet (Entry). For greater certainty, the Sponsor and/or the Moderator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time during the Contest, to modify, edit or disqualify any Reply Tweet (Entry) if a complaint is received with respect to the Reply Tweet (Entry), or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor and/or Moderator, reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Reply Tweet (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor and/or the Moderator determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Reply Tweet (Entry) does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor and/or Moderator, reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Reply Tweet (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. Reply Tweets (Entry) will NOT be judged.
By submitting Reply Tweet to the Contest as described above, each entrant agrees to communicate with the Sponsor and Moderator electronically and agrees that his/her act of submitting a Reply Tweet (Entry) in this Contest constitutes his/her agreement to be legally bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor and Moderator at their sole and absolute discretion. (“Submissions”) and that Sponsor may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform. Submissions must be submitted during the Entry Period. There is no limit to the number of entries. Only entries submitted during the Entry Period will be considered.
- Prizes. The prizes will consist of
- 9 (nine) Prize Packs consisting of $100 in Maple Leaf Prime & Maple Leaf coupons (ARV $100)
- 1 (one) set of 2 (two) tickets to a Raptors Home game. (Date and time of said game to be selected at the sponsors absolute and sole discretion)
- All Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a Winner with their Prize, the Sponsor may elect, to provide such Winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value.
- Prizes will be awarded using a random drawing. Winners will be notified via twitter and Direct Message of their winnings. Winners must respond within 24 hours with shipping information. If winner does not respond, no alternate winner will be chosen from valid entries.
- Prizes are shipped directly from Sponsor and winner is not responsible for shipment of prizing, shipping fees, or insurance. We will make every effort to ensure your prizes are delivered within 30 days but are not liable for receipt after 90 days. Odds of winning are based on the number of tweets during the Entry Period.
- Entrant’s Personal Information. Your personal information will be used for prize fulfillment only and for no other use or intention.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
By participating in this Contest, Entrants release and forever discharge the Sponsor, the Toronto Raptors, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (“MLSE”), Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd., the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures LLC and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents of and from any and all claims, demands or causes of action, related to the Contest or the Prize. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants further agree that any dispute related to the Contest or the Prize shall be, to the maximum extent permitted by law, resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants acknowledge and agree that MLSE’s sole and exclusive role in the Contest is that of prize supplier and that MLSE is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest or the selection of winners and that all such responsibility rests with the Sponsor.