1. Boxers or Briefs?
2. Pretty Boy or Smouldering Stud?
3. Toilet seat, up or down? (DOWN!!!)
Clean shaven or scruffy?
Me – I’m a clean shaven kind of gal. Because although the thought of nestling up to Colin Farrell sounds inviting, in reality, I’d take a peachy-soft cheek any day. Lucky for me, my husband has never considered even remote traces of facial hair – no more than can sprout up over the course of two days, at the most. Yup, he’s pretty darn aerodynamic.
And does he ever take it seriously. I’m not sure you’ll believe me, but he swears it’s true: he has never used a disposable razor. In his lifetime. (I know, seriously?) From the moment he began to shave, it’s been electric shavers all the way. So it’s a pretty safe bet that he knows a thing or two about one.
Therefore, when he started grumbling about his electric shaver a few months ago, I knew I could lend little to the conversation. (Hey, I use those pink stick razor things.)
Him: “It’s just not shaving as close as it used to.”
Me: “I dunno, press it into your face harder.”
Him: “I think the blade is dull.”
Me: “Replace the blade.”
Him: “I think I need to upgrade to a better model.”
Me: “Will you need optional rustproofing and extended warranty too?”
I know, we’re insufferable.
So you can bet he leapt at the opportunity to review the Philips SensoTouch 3D. Touted as the Cadillac of electric shavers for dad, my husband has actually never owned a Philips shaver before, opting instead for their competitor over the years. You know, the B-word. So not only would this be a review of the shaver, but an introduction to the brand as well.
It’s no wonder they call this product the cream of the crop. Just look at these features:
Provides an Exceptionally Smooth Shave
Philips’ best shave yet, the SensoTouch 3D gives the ultimate shaving experience. Its GyroFlex 3D system (I know, #awkward) has three dynamic parts that move independently, flexing outward, pivoting around, and tilting inward, following the natural contours of the face. And the Patented Super Lift & Cut dual blade system lifts hairs to cut comfortably below skin level.
Comfortably Shaves – Wet or Dry
With the SensoTouch 3D, you can shave any way you want. The AquaTec seal gives the option of either a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with shaving cream or gel. And the low-friction SkinGlide shaving surface slides smoothly along your skin for a close shave without irritation.
Optimum Control and Precision
Designed for ease of use, the SensoTouch 3D has an easy-to-hold handle with an ergonomic grip for optimum control. The convenient trimmer offers skin-friendly precision for your mustache, goatee, or side burns.
Cordless, Travel-Friendly Design
The SensoTouch 3D charges in one hour and provides up to 60 minutes (or a maximum of 20 days!!!) of shaving time. A display lets you know how much power remains in the lithium-ion battery and when you need to replace the blades. The SensoTouch 3D is completely cord free, has a travel lock, and comes with a protective pouch, so you can toss it in your bag, briefcase, or suitcase when you’re on the go.
The above features are actually press info; rest assured, my husband did not articulate all that awesomeness. But he did say this –
“It’s the best electric shaver I’ve ever used. Hands down, the Philips SensoTouch 3D is worth every penny.”
I think that sums it up just as nicely, don’t you?
Now I briefly considered posting before/after photos, but after looking at the pictures, decided it was just too much face. Like, you know how on Facebook someone takes a real closeup and you think, “Ew, totally could have done without?” Yeah, that too much face. And the only way to really show a discernible difference was to descend into pore city. #nothanks
So let’s just concentrate on his findings.
1. Initial discomfort. The package actually stipulates that it can take 2-4 weeks for your skin to get used to the shaver. Since my husband has used an electric shaver all his life, he initially scoffed at this – until he saw that his skin was red, irritated and to quote him, “On fire!” Because he normally shaves dry, I have a feeling that this definitely contributed to the discomfort. Alas, the problem was quickly solved with a bottle of Nivea aftershave balm. Today, over a month later, he enjoys a comfortable shaving experience.
2. Absolutely clean shave. This shaver definitely leaves no stubble behind. In fact, sometimes he asks me to feel his cheek, and I must grudgingly admit that it’s as soft as our 3 year old’s! The Philips SensoTouch 3D takes smooth shaving to a whole new level.
3. His favourite shaver ever. My husband can’t believe it took him so long to discover the Philips brand and their enviable products. With the Philips SensoTouch 3D, he shaves in under 3 minutes every morning! With the B-word brand, it would take him up to 5-7 minutes of precious AM time. Also, he loves that the unit is quiet (I love that too!), easy to clean and incredibly efficient (up to 60 minutes of shave time).
If you’re looking for the perfect gift for dad – or hubby – this Christmas, put a bow on the Philips SensoTouch 3D! At a suggested retail of $329.99, it may be slightly out of your budget for a quickie gift, but trust me, that special guy in your life will thank you.