And… we’ve still got the Air Purifier going every single day, even though our renovations are now complete. It is SO effective at removing cooking smells, dust and germs from the air – everyone is breathing better!
If you missed my review the first time around, read on! And, good luck!
If I had to sum up my entire Reno-cation in one word, it would be…
You know – dusty, dirty, disorganized… just… messy. From the onset of the renovations, I was more than a little concerned about the level of dust and debris that would surely invade the air in our home, especially since:
1) I suffer from wicked allergies to dust
2) My husband is a recovering asthmatic
3) We’ve got two little boys with tender lungs
So when the good folks at Sharp asked if I’d like to review their new Plasmacluster Air Purifier with Humidifying Function, I all but danced for joy. Cleaner, healthier air? Yes please!
The air purifier offers a unique combination of air treatment technologies to make you and your family more comfortable, whatever the season (spring reno-cations included!). Bacteria, germs, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust and odors are removed from the air with ease, thanks to an ultra quiet fan that draws air through a three-stage filter system while the revolutionary Plasmacluster Ion Technology actively refreshes the air.
But that’s not all – for an even more comfortable environment, the unit’s sensors constantly monitor the air quality in the room, adjusting the fan for air purity while providing the optimum humidity level. This combination of features is a smart way to choose cleaner, healthier, more breathable air.
My favourite features:
– New Humidification Function adds humidity to the air for more comfortable air quality, especially in colder weather. It also helps reduce static electricity that results from dry air.
– True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through it, including pollen, mold, pet dander and dust.
– Plasmacluster Technology splits water molecules into positively and negatively charged ions which spread throughout the room. This system effectively refreshes the air similiar to the way nature cleans the environment near waterfalls or just after a thunderstorm.
– Clean Sign Indicator shows the level of impurities in the air passing through the filter so it’s easy to see the progress as healthier, cleaner air is returned into the room.
– Library Quiet operation is ideal for bedrooms and living rooms. Silent Mode is as quiet as 22 decibels, about the volume of rustling leaves. The KC-850U is among the quietest Air Purifiers with a true HEPA filter available anywhere.
– Energy Efficient operation means it’s easy on the wallet. With its advanced technologies, it is 35% more energy-efficient than standard models, making it ENERGY STAR qualified. So it can operate all the time, saving money while improving the quality of the air.
– Ultra Long Life HEPA Filters require changing only once every five years so operating costs are low.
We received the air purifier shortly after renovations began; therefore, the air was already littered with faint paint odors and dust from sanding walls and moving furniture. Set-up was incredibly simple – just plug and go, really. The display was intuitive, easy to follow and offered both manual and automatic operation settings. Since I’m all about convenience, I set the unit to automatic and prepared for a life altering experience.
Don’t laugh; I’m quite serious.
Within two hours (yes – that quickly) I could already detect a noticeable difference in the quality of air. Now I can’t put my finger on it, but it just seemed easier to breathe in and out.
Real results include:
1) My eyes, which had been streaked with red for much of the first few days, cleared after several hours (and have stayed that way). Allergies be gone!
2) My husband, who normally complains of breathing difficulties due to asthma, had his first completely restful night in years. He couldn’t stop raving about how well he slept (and is sleeping) – it makes us wonder how we ever lived without it.
3) Upon cleaning the air, there were virtually no noticeable paint fumes whatsoever: that’s pretty awesome considering we painted the ENTIRE house!
Now as we used the air purifier during warmer months, and since humidity and drying paint don’t necessarily mix, we didn’t have a chance to review the humidifier features of the unit. But, I very much look forward to putting it to the test this fall and winter!
Two things you may be wondering:
Q. Does the Air Purifier make a noticeable sound? Is it noisy?
A. According to Sharp Canada, and as mentioned above, the “Silent Mode is as quiet as 22 decibels, about the volume of rustling leaves.” This is incorrect. The truth is, it’s MUCH quieter than rustling leaves. You can’t hear it at all! I promise, you won’t even know it’s there.
Q. So did you see the results? How much junk did it pull out of the air?
A. Yes, we saw results! And you can too – here’s the filter after just one week – look at all those fuzzies – some of them overflowing and collecting in between the filter pads.
To think – that could have been in our nose, throat and lungs! We are so happy with the air purifier and truly believe its a wonderful addition to the health and wellness of your family.
Click here to learn about the Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier.
The Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier retails for $449.99 and can be purchased from reputable dealers nationwide. Click here to find a dealer near you.
Here’s your chance to breathe easier! One lucky Listen to Lena! reader will win a Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier (value $449.99). To enter, simply visit Sharp online and learn more about the product. Then, leave a comment here telling us about your favourite feature(s) of the Air Purifier.