When it came time to re-do our home office, I had but three wishes:
1) Go wireless. I hate wires! They’re so messy and in addition to presenting a fire hazard, they’re not child-friendly at all. Plus, portability is a major factor when you’ve got two laptops, two children and about fourteen potential blogging locations (bathroom floor included).
2) Keep it tidy. A lot easier to do when the wires are gone! Seriously, though, keeping an area clutter-free is one of my weak points. My husband likens me to a Tasmanian Devil, leaving a path of destruction everywhere I go (guess the kids do take after me!). So I’ve had to work extra hard to stay clean and organized.
3. Multitask. I’m a busy gal. I measure my days in productivity: how many blog posts were written, how many dishes were done, how many Duct Cleaning telemarketer calls were avoided. I live for the words “All in One”.
Therefore the new HP Photosmart e-Station All in One Printer suits me very well, indeed.
The state-of-the-art HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One is the perfect device to keep your family connected. Beyond being a fabulous all in one printer, copier, scanner and fax, the e-Station also boasts the HP Zeen; a detachable, 7-inch, full-colour wireless companion that allows you to browse and print the web, watch movies, read books and listen to music.
(I know. Totally awesome, right?)
So essentially, in between printing documents (which is absolutely seamless – read below), I can take my Zeen tablet with me to check my Facebook, read e-books, watch videos and much, much more. I frequently use the companion when I’m hanging out in the back with the kids – much more user-friendly than a tiny phone screen, and much less bulky than a laptop – it’s the perfect way to stay connected.
Upping the WOW! factor is the ability to download apps for the whole family. With partners like Kraft, Mapquest and Disney, you can print coupons for your shopping list, search a map for that out-of-town party, and bookmark activities to keep your kids entertained – all without using a PC.
It gets better.
First and foremost, the HP Photosmart e-Station is a printer. But it’s light years ahead of your standard inkjet: HP ePrint lets you print and share your favorite family memories anywhere, anytime. Each web-connected printer has a unique email address, meaning you can send photos and documents from any email-enabled device. This means that you can print at your convenience – whether it’s across the room, or across town!
Think about it: You’re out at the park. Snap a pic on your mobile phone, and e-mail it to the e-Station; the high quality picture will be printed and waiting for you upon your return! You can also have the office, your friends, family (or yourself!) e-mail documents straight to the printer. It’s truly a breeze!
And the quality? Superb, of course. Remember my little DIY project for Ryder’s Room? Here’s my sequence of events:
1. In the basement, surfing the Internet on my HP Zeen.
2. Found a picture I thought would be fun to frame, as it matched the theme of the room.
3. Sent the picture to my HP e-Station.
4. Played with my boys. Went grocery shopping. Ate dinner. Tucked boys in bed.
4. Picked up my print from the printer; mounted in on cardstock, framed it.
In the mood to get away? From June 1st through 30th, visit HP Canada on Facebook for their HP Print Away contest! One lucky winner will win a 7-day, all-inclusive trip to a tropical destination, and TEN lucky participants will have the chance to win the HP Photosmart eStation! Link on over for full contest details!
Shop HP’s online store for all the latest HP products. The HP Photosmart e-Station retails for $399 – which, of course, goes a long way when you consider it’s six products in one!
HP Canada has generously offered Listen to Lena! readers the chance to win an HP Photosmart e-Station! (Value $399). To enter, simply visit HP online and pick out another item that would make your life a lot easier. Then, leave a comment here telling us about it, and why.
You can also qualify for extra entries! Remember, you must leave a separate comment for each. You can:
(1) Follow my blog, Listen to Lena!
(2) “Like” Listen to Lena! on Facebook
(3) NEW Follow Listen to Lena! on Twitter
(4) “Like” HP Canada on Facebook
(5) Follow HP_PC on Twitter
(6) Tweet daily about this giveaway: Please use this HP e-Station Giveaway Tweet.
I’ll draw for a winner on June 30th. Good luck everybody!