This post has been a long time coming… especially since the great deals, fabulous products and exciting news keep piling up!
Forgive for using a numbered list – I just want to make sure I cover it all :)
1. Have you checked out The Body Shop Canada’s NEW website? With increased functionality (you can finally see sale prices as you place them in your cart vs. waiting for the invoice), ability to accept coupon codes (more savings!) and a quicker, faster shopping experience, you’ll love shopping from the comfort of your home. Now I am a little disappointed to see that shipping rates have increased from a flat $5 to $7.95, but if you don’t live near a Body Shop and are currently pumping $1.38/litre (that’s what we filled up at yesterday – insane!) then it just may be worth your while to load up your online cart. You can also call a friend and combine your purchases to save on shipping.
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the main page and sign up for TBS’ mailing list; you’ll be first to know about promos, new products and worthwhile campaigns.
2. Until 11:59pm tonight, take advantage of their Mother’s Day sale. Simply add a gift container to your cart for $5, and then proceed to save 30% off your entire purchase! Plus, 50% of the proceeds from the gift basket purchase will be donated to the Somaly Mam Foundation.
3. Did you purchase last week’s Groupon for The Body Shop? If so, be sure to redeem it before May 30th to grab a cool $45 worth of goodies. After May 30th, the value decreases slightly to $40. Last time around, I was able to combine my Groupon with a similar 30% off promotion (Erin Mills Town Centre), but readers wrote in saying that they had varying degrees of success from store to store. Call ahead to see if you’re able to grab insane savings by using your Groupon today.
4. Gift Suggestions for Mom:
Help mom create a pampering paradise at home, with The Body Shop Spa Wisdom collection, which is inspired by beauty rituals, traditions and ingredients from around the world. The collection features Spa Wisdom Morocco, Africa, Japan and Polynesia.
These blissful collections combine authentic indigenous and Community Trade ingredients while featuring captivating fragrances and sensorial textures. Help your mom discover The Body Shop Spa Wisdom scrubs, body cleansers and moisturizers.
Coconut Bath & Body Range ($8.00 – $20.00)
Indulge your mom with the luxurious Coconut Bath & Body range that’s enriched with pure, organic, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil, sourced from Samoa through the Community Trade programme. Skin is softened, conditioned and delightfully fragranced with the tropical scent of coconut that’s reminiscent of long, lingering summer days. It’s like applying pure happiness to your skin.
5. Shower the Earth Lovers Way – Make a positive splash on the environment by showering with the NEW Eco-conscious 100% biodegradable Earth Lovers shower gel range.
There are six refreshing fragrances: Lemon & Thyme, Mint & Cucumber, Watermelon & Eucalyptus, Apricot & Basil, Fig & Rosemary and Pear & Lemongrass.
I had the pleasure of trying the Apricot & Basil, Mint & Cucumber and Lemon & Thyme scents. The Apricot & Basil is very sweet smelling, and will be a runaway winner for those who are keen on peachy-like fragrances. Mint & Cucumber was my least favourite; I thought it was too “foody” and it felt like I was preparing a salad in the shower a la Kramer from Seinfeld. But, I can’t deny it’s refreshing after-smell and cool, tingly sensation. And I absolutely LOVED the Lemon & Thyme – a very masculine scent, the unique combination gives off a sensual fragrance which lingers hours after your shower. It’s currently my husband’s go-to shower gel!
6. If you buy just one eye palette this spring, consider TBS’ Limited Collection for Eyes. The packaging was designed by the London College of Fashion – tres cool my friends. I received the A La Mode (02) palette and love the night looks I’ve been able to pull together with the cool combination of shimmer and smoke.
That’s a lot of exciting news from The Body Shop! The malls are now open… so if you’re sitting at home, reading this post… get off your duff and visit your nearest store today!