Ten days into my Fresh Diet and I’m down 6 lbs. Woo hoo!
(This past weekend I rocked a stretch top, leggings and sex-kitten boots. My self-esteem has increased dramatically after just a few lost pounds!)
I’ve been thinking about how much I love the program, and have come to the conclusion that the very best feature of the diet for me is the overwhelming variety of foods available. Specifically:
1) During previous attempts to lose weight, I’d follow the same routine – visit a grocery store on a Sunday afternoon and load up with “diet” foods – cottage cheese, roast turkey, baby spinach and fruit. And then I would proceed to eat the same foods over the next few days, convinced that I could survive on a bland, never-changing diet of foods low in fat (and consequently, enjoyment). By the third or fourth day, I was craving a change… which usually came by way of lasagna and/or french fries. Buh-bye, diet.
With The Fresh Diet, I’m eating well – and also experiencing a range of foods I’d never have the time, money or commitment to prepare myself. Another turkey sandwich? I don’t think so. Today, my lunch is a Lemon Pepper Grilled Shrimp Salad with Yellow Tomato, Cucumber, Alfalfa Sprouts, Baby Lettuce and Citrus Dressing. Now in the past, would I have spent a Sunday afternoon purchasing all these ingredients for one meal? Not likely. So what keeps me going (and successful) on this diet is the ability to enjoy different, delicious foods while still eating healthy and having the convenience of zero prep.
2) If we’re talking about variety, then let’s talk choice. Every day I have a choice of 1 of 4 breakfast items, 1 of 4 lunches, 1 of 4 dinners (plus a choice of 2 sides of 6) and I can select 2 of 6 snacks. (If you’re a closet mathematician and can calculate the number of possible combinations, be sure to leave a comment with that figure – I’m curious to see just how many choices there are).
Think you’ll have a hard time deciding? You will. May I present a day’s offering:
1. Mango Stuffed Honey Wheat French Toast with Raspberries and Banana Ricotta
2. Cinnamon Apple Old Fashioned Oatmeal
3. Fresh Fruit Salad with Cantaloupe, Raspberry, Papaya,Pineapple & Banana Ricotta
4. Spinach & Feta Cheese Egg Bake with Fresh Papaya
1. Thyme Infused Chicken Salad with Arugula, Orange Segments, Strawberry, & Blueberry Vinaigrette
2. Roasted Eggplant & Havarti Cheese Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread with Bell Pepper Pesto & Baby Lettuce
3. Sloppy Joe Sub on Whole Wheat Bun with Asparagus & Fresh Marinara Sauce
4. Tofu Caesar Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Sun-Dried Tomato, European Cucumber & Caesar Dressing
1. Cider Braise Pork Medallions
2. Grilled Chicken Breast with Spiced Pomegranate Sauce
3. Sesame Soy Grilled Tofu
4. Fillet of Swordfish with Raspberry Lime Sauce
1. Herbed Cauliflower Mash
2. Roasted Acorn Squash
3. Wild Rice & Cranberry Pilaf
4. Sauteed Shitake Mushrooms
5. Braised Belgian Endive
6. Green Beans with Walnuts & Garlic
1. Creamy Banana Cheese Cake
2. Cherry Maple Oatmeal Cookies
3. Mini Veggie Egg Rolls with Peanut Sauce
4. Grilled Chicken Skewer with Broccoli & Thai Peanut Sauce
5. Vegetable Crudities with Baby Carrot, Broccoli, Celery & Blue Cheese Dip
6. Coconut Macadamia Nut Muffin
Okay, raise your hand if you think you can stick to this diet.
With the addition of foods you would normally wouldn’t prepare for yourself, and the ability to choose from a variety of delicious combinations, The Fresh Diet is NEVER BORING. Shakes, frozen cuisine and ahem, cottage cheese-roast turkey-baby spinach-fruit every day is a thing of the past! My taste buds literally dance for joy with each bite. And I’ve lost 6 lbs in ten days! Time to go reward myself with Chocolate Cupcake with Hazelnut Mocha Glaze.
Don’t forget – you can enter to win 31 Days of The Fresh Diet!