Since shopaholics tend to justify every purchase with “I can use it as a stocking stuffer” – regardless of the time of year – I figured it’s the right time to start blogging about fabulous stuffer-type goodies I come across. I’ll keep the prices low and the selection varied since I know we all have many loved ones to shop for, big and small.
I’m a HUGE fan of inexpensive but thoughtful gifts, so this is going to be FUN!
First things first, let’s define stocking stuffer:
1. A relatively small present, usually under $30, placed in a stocking at Christmas
2. A multi-purpose gift that can be presented to colleagues, friends or “just because”
3. A gift you purchase with the intent of giving someone else, but actually keep for yourself because it’s so kick a** you can’t bear to part with it (even though it will sit in your vanity for 2 years untouched before you eventually gift it to your dry cleaner or hair dresser)
The first item in the Stocking Stuffer Series (SSS) would have to be anything from The Body Shop’s 2 for $10 sale. Seriously, you can’t go wrong, especially if you’ve got a teacher, teenager or televangelist to shop for.
Next up: this bounty of makeup candy I found at Sephora.com, on sale for USD $27:
LashStash Mascara Deluxe Sampler ($104 Value)
What it is:
A kit featuring Sephora’s most “wanded” mascaras for the lash results you desire.
What it does:
There is no need to wish upon a star this holiday now that Sephora is making all of your beauty-full dreams come true. With five new limited edition sets of deluxe-sized essentials – all for a pretty price less than $30 – we are creating holiday magic! Whether you are shopping for the gal pal who loves the glam or the little sis who needs an accelerated makeup lesson, Sephora Holiday Favorites are guaranteed to please.
This set contains:
– 0.16 oz Hourglass Superficial Lash
– 0.09 oz Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara
– 0.13 oz Korres Abyssinia Oil Volumizing and Strengthening Mascara
– 0.14 oz Benefit A Little Bit BADGal Lash Mascara
– 0.20 oz Smashbox Lash DNA
– 0.03 oz Laura Mercier Thickening and Building Mascara
– 0.07 oz Fresh Supernova
– 0.10 oz Sephora Lash Stretcher
– 0.14 oz Tarte 4 Day Stay Lash Stain
– 0.12 oz Cargo LashActivator
Okay, straight up, I would die if I found this in my stocking. I can’t think of a single makeup junkie who would not love to experiment with all these different mascaras. HOT.
I believe this item is available in-store as well, but don’t think it will stick around until Christmas at that price. Hurry.