There are many reasons why I love Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics. After pondering these points, I realized that my own list almost identically matches Lush’s core beliefs. Not one to create extra work for myself, I thought I’d share them with you:
– We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
– We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
– We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.
– We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
– We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
– We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.
Yep, hard not to love a company like that.
I was first introduced to Lush Cosmetics waaaay back in my university days. A little fling gave me an ominous ball that vaguely resembled an oversized Jawbreaker; I later learned that it was a “Bath Bomb.” The Bath Bomb was pioneered by Lush – it was their signature item, their raison d’être, if you please. The fling didn’t last, but my love for the fizzy, fragrant effervescent bombs did.
14 years later, Lush’s Bath Bomb is just another quality addition to their already stacked roster of bath, skin, haircare and fragrance items. Personally, I’m a huge fan of their Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter, Sex Bomb Bath Bomb, Mint Julip Lip Balm and Smitten Hand Cream. De-Lush!
Another reason to love Lush? They’re constantly coming out with new, innovative products that are 100% vegetarian (and over 70% vegan!). These goodies for bath, hair and body are loaded with fresh, natural ingredients and minimal preservatives.
Did I mention they’re all handmade? You bet –
“Every week we make products in small batches, by hand. Rather than relying on mass-produced, machine-made formulations and then warehousing excess stock, LUSH makes products as needed to ensure that everything delivered to your local shop or front door is as freshly made as possible. You may be purchasing product that is only days, or even hours, old.”
Time for a Lush-ous giveaway!
One Listen to Lena! reader will win a Lush Legends Gift Set (value $199.95!)
The ultimate in LUSH luxury, LUSH Legends is the most impressive gift we’ve got. If you’ve a LUSH lover in your life and really want to make them squeal with delight and be eternally grateful to you, present them with this gold, sparkly hat box. Inside are 23 of our legendary bath, shower, hair and body products. There are two massage bars inside, so you may even get a back massage as thanks.
To enter, visit Lush’s website and then leave a comment here on Listen to Lena! telling us:
What your favourite Lush product is and why
Blog followers: treat yourself to an extra entry! Remember, you must leave a separate comment announcing your follower status. I’ll draw for a winner at the end of September. Good luck everybody!