Before Ryder was born, I had little knowledge of the “must have” items for babies. Looking back, my baby shower gift registry was a hodgepodge of blankets, bottles and bibs. But I did have the good sense to include a baby carrier on the list – and not just any carrier; the famed BABYBJÖRN Original Classic.
Parents raved about this product – from the durable, high quality material, ease of use, and most important – babies just seemed to LOVE being carried in a BABYBJÖRN. So I crossed my fingers that the item would be purchased, and dreamed of grocery shopping with a cute little head poking out in front of me.
I was in luck. I received the carrier as a gift, and put it to use immediately after Ryder gained some head control. And the reviews were more than correct – Ryder LOVED it! More often than not he would drift off to a sweet slumber while mommy went about her business, but not before taking in the world from a different, wonder-filled perspective. The only down side to the carrier is that he outgrew it quickly, and I had to say goodbye before I was ready (now solved by the NEW BABYBJÖRN Comfort Carrier).
So when given the opportunity to review the fabulous Spirit line, you know I jumped at the chance. Since I’m a pink and green kind of gal (did my blog colours give that away?) I chose the vibrant, deliciously bright Green Energy.
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Original Spirit
The Spirit collection showcases the popular BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Original in eight new colors: Orange Flame, Pink Passion, Blue Moon, Green Energy, Red Heart, Gray Pearl, Black Diamond and White Angel. The vibrant colors make a bold statement against the contrasting black straps. These new color offerings reflect the company’s ongoing dedication to providing consumers fashion-forward selections to express their personal style while enjoying carrying their baby close.
With a BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier you can hold your baby close while keeping your hands free for other things. And it’s perfect for use both indoors and out. Thanks to its well-conceived design, the baby carrier is ergonomically correct for the child as well as comfortable and easy to use for the person carrying baby. When the child is older and his/her neck stronger, the head support can be folded down so that the child can be carried facing forward and have a look around.
Want to discover your Spirit? Answer 6 quick questions to find out which colour is right for you!
As expected, placing your little one into the carrier is a breeze. All you need is a little dexterity and a somewhat cooperative baby! Since I had more than enough experience from my baby carrying days with Ryder, I found it incredibly simple to strap Reid in (I think my record is 22 seconds – yes, in this household, we hold timed contests to amuse ourselves). Even the husband, who has limited experience with the carrier, can get Reid safely secured in under a minute. The best part? Reid actually giggles with glee once in! I’ll say it again – babies LOVE the ‘BJÖRN.
Besides the ease of use, what else does this mama love? Well…
1) The FABULOUS colours of the Spirit collection. If you’re the type of person who likes to flaunt your fashion sense, get ready to be noticed. I can’t tell you how many people have come up to me while we’re out and about, declaring “OMG! I love your BABYBJÖRN! I didn’t know you can choose from different colours!” Yes, I respond. Yes you can.
2) The ease of care and maintenance. Babies love to drool, suck and nibble on the BABYBJÖRN while facing forward. You can purchase the Bib for Baby Carrier, or, if you’re like me, just throw the carrier in the wash from time to time. It really couldn’t be simpler, and the item holds on to its colour and shape even after repeated washes. (Just remember – no bleach!)
3) The secure, snug fit. The carrier is entirely adjustable to provide the best wearing experience possible for baby and parent. Back and side straps may be customized for height and weight, and the carrier also adjusts to your growing child. The weight of the baby is distributed evenly through your shoulders, back and hips, so you shouldn’t feel discomfort even after using the carrier for extended periods (those who suffer from back pain/injury should consult their doctor before using the ’BJÖRN).
4) BABYBJÖRN’s trusted reputation. A family-owned Swedish company founded in 1961, BABYBJÖRN’s goal has been to simplify everyday activities for parents and small children by developing innovative products. Their products are now used worldwide by millions of parents, and all of them have the same goal: happy, safe children. It’s no wonder that the carrier is a “Top Ten Must Have” for baby registries around the world.
We’re looking forward to many more months of baby carrying with this formidable product. Reid’s face says it all… he’s quite happy to be toted around in his flashy and fun BABYBJÖRN Original Spirit carrier!
What’s your Spirit? Enter for your chance to win!
One lucky Listen to Lena! reader will win a BABYBJÖRN Original Spirit Baby Carrier in his/her choice of colour! (Value CDN $120) To enter, simply discover your spirit online, then leave a comment telling us which colour you’d choose!
You can also qualify for extra entries! Remember, you must leave a separate comment to claim your extra entry. You can:
(1) Follow my blog, Listen to Lena!
(2) Like BABYBJÖRN North America on Facebook
(3) Follow BABYBJÖRN on Twitter
(4) Tweet about this giveaway (here’s a tiny URL for you: http://tinyurl.com/26xcq4s)
(5) You may Tweet daily if you wish
I’ll draw for a winner at the end of September. Special thanks to BABYBJÖRN, and good luck everybody!