To all the friends I’ve met over the past year, readers who faithfully stop by, and even those who will land on this post via Google Search – I wish you a blessed, fulfilling and fabulous 2010 with lots of love, luck and laughter!
Every year, since I was 14 years old, I indulge in a tradition on New Year’s Eve – I make a list of “Firsts.” That is – things I experienced in the past year for the first time. Looking back on my list from 1992, these were a few of my firsts:
1. Kissed by a (good looking) guy for the first time.
2. Bought boots from Aldo for the first time.
3. Tried Thai food for the first time.
And from 1995:
1. Mixed rum and beer and threw up in the back of a car for the first time. (and last)
2. Showed up in uniform on Civies Day for the first time.
3. Fell in love for the first time.
And from 2006:
1. Was proposed to for the first time. (hopefully last!)
2. Enjoyed a live jazz performance for the first time.
3. Learned about Kazakhstan courtesy of Borat for the first time.
Of course, these are just abbreviated lists – there are more like 30-40 firsts each year, everything from the foods I ate to silly little first experiences. This year, my list would include:
1. Called “Mama” for the first time.
2. Tried Afghan cuisine for the first time. (delish)
What are some of your Firsts this year? Happy New Year everybody! See you on January 4th!