When the scent of pumpkin spice lattes and the allure of pretty blanket scarves grows old, Canadians are left with… cold weather. Time to start planning that vacation down south, eh?
For many of us, deciding where to go and what to do – and then having the entire family agree on the itinerary – can add stress to the planning process. But what if I told you that you the perfect vacation awaits? Start the car… no, really, START THE CAR!
Here are 10 reasons to Escape with Norwegian Cruise Line.
1. Proximity to the GTA. Norwegian Escape, voted 2017 Ship of the Year by Ocean & Cruise News, sails out of the Manhattan Cruise Terminal (only about an 8-hour drive from the Greater Toronto Area – very road trip friendly). Saving money on flights puts vacation dollars back in your wallet – which means you can splurge on excursions, on-board amenities or the ever-popular Ultimate Beverage Package!
2. Land and Sea Vacay Possibilities. Since you’re road trippin’ it to Manhattan, why not stay a while? Do the touristy thing and visit New York landmarks, take in a Broadway show, shop til’ you drop or stroll in Central Park. Not only will you add a layer of fun to your holiday, you’ll also give yourself buffer time before boarding the cruise ship. There is ample parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal if you arrive after 11am – this is when most of the previous cruise passengers will have departed.
3. Escape to Paradise. We selected the itinerary which docked in Bermuda for three days. One word: breathtaking. Think turquoise waters, pink sand beaches and the most charming architecture throughout the island! You can step off the cruise ship and indulge in a little shopping, or take a ferry to St. George’s Harbour for some historical exploration.
4. The Most Fun at Sea. From top to bottom and from bow to stern, Norwegian Escape has enough onboard activities to fill every minute of your cruise. My boys adored the multi-level Sports Complex and Aqua Park, where they spent hours honing their skills and cooling off with thrilling water slides. When it was time to get out of the sun, you could catch them bowling, playing pool or challenging each other in the expansive arcade. And that’s all before they hit the kids club!
5. Top Notch Entertainment. For the Record: The Brat Pack, a nighttime spectacular on Norwegian Escape, gave me all the feels! It’s an 80-style musical which blends your favourite movies and the most iconic songs from the decade – we absolutely loved it! You can also try your luck in the casino or tickle your funny bone at Headliner’s Comedy Club.
6. Feast Like a King (or Queen!). Sigh. Just thinking about the more than 25 dining experiences aboard Norwegian Escape takes me to my happy place. Savour beautifully crafted menus in the three main dining rooms or indulge in some of the finest food at sea in one of their specialty restaurants. For more casual fare, pop by the help-yourself buffet – where you’ll also find the self-serve frozen yogurt machine. By the end of the cruise, my son was helping himself at will, and I didn’t have the heart (read: willpower) to argue!
7. Spaaaah. Yes, you must indulge. When you want some “me” time, be sure to book an appointment at Mandara Spa. Relax with a hot-stone massage, soothe away your stresses with a purifying facial or pamper yourself with a pedicure.
8. Chill Out. Literally! The Snow Room, an ice-cold arctic environment located within Mandara Spa, promises to give passengers a multitude of health benefits, including stimulating blood circulation and strengthening the immune system. I didn’t have a chance to experience this show-stopping enclave, but it’s been firmly added to my bucket list.
9. The Place to Be. The heart of the ship – 678 Ocean Place – is ritzy, opulent and grand… a place to see and be seen. Here, you’ll find gorgeous boutique shopping (I treated my husband to a Gucci watch in exchange for a prospect to be named later), the most popular specialty restaurants and of course, just a few of the ship’s 21 bars and lounges.
10. Canada at Par. I can’t think of three lovelier words. Canadians sailing on Norwegian Escape can save up to 30% off prevailing rates by selecting Canada at Par at checkout! This is HUGE, especially since cruise vacation prices are almost always priced in US dollars, necessitating the dreaded reality check when converting costs. In fact, there are currently 20 cruise itineraries offering this incredible promotion, sailing everywhere from the Panama Canal to the Bahamas to the Caribbean. Cruise into your most perfect family vacation today!
Have I convinced you to Escape with Norwegian Cruise Line? My entire family is looking forward to sailing with NCL again! Please don’t hesitate to leave any questions in the comments – I’m happy to dish!
Click here to visit Norwegian Cruise Line.
I received a media rate from Norwegian Cruise Line in exchange for my review. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.