In just two short weeks, the kids will be home for the summer holidays. Chances are, you’ve already figured out how to keep them continuously entertained for 60 days… right?
(I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to stress you out like that.)
For some parents, summer camp is a viable option. I normally have my boys in day camp for at least three or four weeks during the summer, because I need to work and they need to be busy. But for the weeks they are at home, I often struggle to find ways to stay on top of my work while keeping an eye on them. In the past, I’ve simply declared defeat and rented a cottage for a week. If you have vacation time this summer and are thinking of doing the same, here’s another idea: how about spending a week at an all-inclusive resort in paradise?
Let me break it down for you.
1. Take a vacation, not a relocation. Look, if you’re renting a cottage for a week, it’s a wonderful experience for the kids – not so much for mom. You’re still cooking, cleaning and doing laundry for the entire week while you’re away, in addition to dealing with hours of traffic on the way in and out. Instead, you can spend a week on the beach, letting someone else make your meals (often gourmet), clean your room (with evening turn down service) and offer you fruity drinks by an expansive pool. Trust me when I say that family bonding is easier when you’re not exhausted from housework (er, cottage work).
2. The costs are roughly the same. If you’re not lucky enough to own a cottage or know someone who does, you’ll be renting your lodgings for about $1500 – $5000 per week; again, with all the chores and responsibilities stated in my point above. I would much rather invest that same money and let the entire family have a real vacation! Besides, canoeing in a lake is great… but paddle boarding in the ocean is AWESOME.
3. There are unique learning opportunities. Think your kids won’t have an enriching experience? Think again. Many all-inclusive resorts feature kids’ camps that offer learning-based activities such as cooking classes, theatre performances, scavenger hunts, dance lessons, nature exploration and more – all set in a tropical paradise. In the meantime, mom and dad can grab some quality alone time, giving them a chance to rest and relax.
4. Take advantage of summer sales. You can save money (and quite a bit!) if you book one of the many summer promos happening RIGHT NOW with Air Canada Vacations! Take advantage of great prices on packages to Puerto Plata, grab a fabulous deal in Riviera Maya, and until June 27, buy one vacation package and get the second one for 50% off packages to Mexico & the Caribbean including Varadero, Puerto Vallarta or Montego Bay.
Want to get away in a hurry? Discover the BEST last-minute deals from Air Canada Vacations to SAVE on their best all-inclusive resorts! When you book with Air Canada Vacations, you’ll benefit from the safety and reliability of Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge – plus, they offer direct and connecting flights from 64 Canadian cities.
5. It’s something the whole family can look forward to. If your kids are home with you for the entire summer, give them something they can mark on their calendars! The anticipation, planning and excitement leading up to a family vacation can make the long summer days go by more quickly – plus, they’ll have great memories to share when they return to school in September.
Have I convinced you to consider a summer camp by the sea? Visit aircanadavacations.com – your ONE-STOP vacation shop.
This post is sponsored by Air Canada Vacations. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.