Note: The following giveaway is open to Canadians only.
Sure, I know a thing or two about travelling with kids. We travel as a family, on average, eight times per year! And with four trips already taken or booked right up ’til end of June, we’re well on our way to maintaining our nomadic lifestyle in 2018.
I’m often interviewed or asked to provide tips for my favourite family travel essentials. Over the years, I’ve amassed quite a collection of “must haves”. Today, I’m sharing my top picks with you!
(The following items are available at Amazon.ca. I’ve included my affiliate links, so I may receive a small commission when/ if you decide to purchase an item. Thanks for your support!)
1. Travel Journal for Kids. ($11.16) What better way to capture those special vacation moments than with a kids travel journal? The journal with prompts is made specifically for children and can be used for any kind of trip – from a once in lifetime trip to Disney World or Hawaii to a fun-filled cruise or rustic campout. It features 50+ lined pages with prompts including “I spent the day with….”, “The best part of the day was…” and “Something interesting I learned today was….” plus a place to record the date, location, and weather each day.
2. Clear Toiletry Cases. ($14.99 for two) Whether I’m heading through airport security or reaching for make up in my hotel bathroom, being able to see toiletries quickly, without rooting through a dark, messy bag, is the height of convenience. The sturdy material is more environmentally friendly than disposable plastic bags and is easy to clean if product spills inside. I purchased this 2-pack over three years ago and they have served me well in my travels!
3. Digital Luggage Scale. ($13.99) So portable, so affordable… and so handy! I prefer not to check luggage, but when it’s absolutely necessary, you know I’ll try to do with just one large suitcase. That means, of course, that I’ll keep packing until I’m close to (but never over) 50 lbs. Avoid embarrassment (and potential overage charges) at the airport by checking your luggage weight at home! It’s remarkably accurate and easy to use. Plus, it’s small enough to pack so you can ensure you’re within the weight limit on your return flight, too.
4. Samsung Galaxy Tablet A 7″, Black. ($129.96) In the past two years, most major air carriers have eliminated back-of-seat movie screens. That means, if you (and more importantly, your children) want to be entertained during a flight, you must have a tablet computer or rent one from the airline. Since a rental is approximately $10 each way, it makes much more sense to own a Samsung Galaxy Tablet – especially if you’ll be travelling at least a few times per year. Compared to an iPad, which can cost up to 4x the price, the Galaxy tablet is lightning fast with a clear display. In addition to streaming movies, playing games or watching downloaded content, you can also enjoy the tablet while you’re in destination, too.
5. Waterproof Tote Bag. ($18.95, Medium) Inspired by the $200 Longchamps travel tote – at a tenth of the cost – this lightweight, waterproof nylon tote features a zippered main compartment, two interior slip pockets and one interior zipper pocket to organize your essentials. It’s suitable for almost any occasion and made for the beach! Did I mention it comes in 30 colours? But I saved the best for last – when not in use, it folds down to about a quarter of its original size. Perfect for packing!
Now that you know what to pack, where are you off to with the family? I’ll help one reader get vacay-ready with a $100 gift card to Amazon.ca! To enter to win, simply fill the form below with your qualifying entries. Good luck!