Last year, after catching up with a long-distance friend, she slipped something in my handbag as we parted ways.
“Try this,” she said. “It’s my very favourite chocolate from Quebec.”
At the time, I hadn’t heard of Chocolats Favoris – but, being a bona fide chocoholic, of course I accepted the treat with gratitude.
It was the birth of an obsession.
Friends, I want to introduce you to my very favourite brand of chocolatey confections. Chocolats Favoris is a Quebec-based brand – soon to expand further into Ontario! – that has reinvented the traditional concept of a chocolate shop.
Why do I love them so much? Let me count the ways.
1. They’re pretty – almost too pretty to eat. (I said “almost”.) Everything from the whimsical, dreamy packaging to the artistically masterful fine chocolates lures you in. You’ve heard the adage “like a kid in a candy store”… at Chocolats Favoris, you’ll feel like an Instagrammer in a confectionary paradise.
2. They’re devastatingly delicious. I’ve often joked with my husband that death by chocolate would only be acceptable if the sweet treat was from Chocolats Favoris. Their fine chocolates are concocted by master chocolatiers and made with care. Their packaged fondue – both easy to prepare and irresistibly delicious – makes the perfect dessert or gift.
And who can forget about their chocolate bars? Available in inspiring flavours such as Hazelnut Praline, Raspberry Burst, Maple Vanilla, Creamy Coffee and many more, you’ll have a hard time picking a favourite. My advice? Try them all.
3. They create family moments and encourage new traditions. Without a doubt, chocolate is something that brings people together. Chocolats Favoris’ new baking collection features ingredients and products that are designed to create magical, chocolatey fun experiences that you can share with your loved ones! From whisks and spatulas to chocolate drops and shavings, you’ll find everything you need for a Sunday afternoon baking session with the kids.
The piece de resistance is their brand new cookbook – La Cuisine a Croquer – which features over 50 chocolatey and absolutely delicious recipes, activities and arts & crafts projects.
Currently available in French only, we’re hoping for an English version soon. Of course, with their continued expansion in Ontario – already present in Aurora, Ajax and Orleans and soon to open in Vaughan and many more – we’ll keep our fingers crossed!
4. They know how to have fun. In Spring, Chocolats Favoris introduced their Kooky cones, with recipes tailored to each of their chocolate dippings. (I’ve heard that Dulce de Leche is worth the drive to Aurora, Ontario!) They followed with Kooky cakes, and let me tell you – if you find yourself at a grocery store in Quebec, it’s a no-brainer: grab a decadent and delicious cake!
5. They make the perfect gift. With the holidays around the corner, please accept this as my personal endorsement: Chocolats Favoris products will be revered, loved, enjoyed and obsessed over.
Send a loved one the perfect hot cocoa starter kit: Chocolats Favoris Cocoa Powder and Mini Marshmallows.
(Also pictured: the Chocolats Favoris Advent Calendar! Unfortunately the time ran away from me and I didn’t have a chance to showcase this gem sooner – but do make a note to pick one up for next year!)
Chocolats Favoris ships across Canada, with FREE delivery on orders of $49 or more (before taxes). Estimated shipping time is three (3) to six (6) business days, so shop NOW for the holidays… or grab a few treats to start 2018 off sweet!
Have I convinced you to check out Chocolats Favoris?
This post is sponsored by Chocolats Favoris. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.