Note: The following giveaway is open to Canadians only.
We’ve been travelling a lot lately, normally for a week at a time. In fact, since February 2017, we’ve been away from home every single month! I don’t always love pulling my kids out of school, but some of the opportunities that have come our way (Disney Social Media Moms, Expedia/ Visit Orlando, Pandora – The World of Avatar and Visit California) were just too good to turn down. So, we accepted, we experienced, we have the incredible memories. Hashtag blessed.
However, the only negative aspect about constantly being on the go is the catch-up phase, which never seems to end. Over the past few months, most of my emails began with “I apologize, I’ve been travelling, I’m just catching up…”. Ugh. It seems so lame, but it’s the truth! One press trip blended into the next and I still have about 436 emails to go. But I’m not complaining – just acknowledging the underlying reasons for my douchery.
So when my 10 YEAR wedding anniversary rolled around – yes, a HUGE milestone – I couldn’t bear another long vacation, another month of catch up, another relocation which involved packing, passports, etc. I know it’s awful that I was burned out for our special day, but, given our previous travel experiences and the fact that I already have four more press trips booked for later this year, I like to think that we have a year long celebration going on!
But we couldn’t just let the big day pass without acknowledging it in some way. And our decision was an easy one – spend a weekend in Niagara-on-the-Lake, where we were married 10 years ago. We knew it would bring back such wonderful memories of 07-07-07, our very lucky wedding date.
Of course – selfishly – it also allowed me to throw a few essentials in a duffel bag and forego excessive packing altogether. Now that’s my kind of getaway!
So, what’s on my “must pack” list for fashionable weekend getaways?
1. Sudio Sweden headphones. In addition to being drop dead gorgeous, they also offer 24+ hours of continuous playtime (a road trip necessity), are compatible with all bluetooth devices and even have interchangeable headphone caps. Plus, Sudio Sweden always offers tax-free purchases and fast and free worldwide delivery! Shop now and take 15% off with discount code: listen2lena.
2. SojoS sunglasses. They’re inexpensive (just $15.29!), fashion-forward and if you’re an Amazon Prime member, can be at your door in 48 hours with free shipping. What’s not to love? My friend Ella Pretty first blogged about these rose gold beauties and I just had to have them. I wore them on my anniversary weekend – what do you think?
3. Aloha Beaches. No matter where you’re going, you have to let people know you’re on vacation. I love this “Aloha Beaches” makeup bag that was gifted to me by a dear friend, but I equally love this inspirational journal for recording memories of our fun getaways.
4. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera. Not just to be included in cute photos… it takes pretty cute photos, too! (Must have: features a selfie mirror for the perfect selfie photo every time.) Close up macro photos are now easier thanks to the included close-up lens adapter which allows you to focus on subjects as close as 35-50cm. Plus, the camera signals the recommended aperture setting with a flashing LED light and you can manually adjust the dial to the recommended setting. Fun and functional!
5. Annabelle Metallic Lipliner – Nude Lustre. Pretty much the most perfect shade of lip liner I’ve ever owned. The soft, smooth texture slides over lips like silk and provides a natural finish with precise definition and a metallic finish. Perfection.
Love what you see? Find almost everything pictured above at Amazon.ca – and to help you with your shopping, one lucky reader will win a $100 Amazon Gift Card! To enter, simply fill the form below with your qualifying entries. Good luck!