*Note: The following giveaway is open to Canadians only.*
Technically, this post would be *much* more awesome if I provided 4,000 reasons (get it? 4K? yes?)…. but let’s be honest, it’d be 2018 by the time I got through my list. Hence, I’ve narrowed my scope to be both practical and entertaining. You’re welcome!
It’s been just under two months since I’ve experienced television like never before thanks to my new Samsung 4K SUHD TV and the Rogers NextBox 4K. You may have noticed that over the years, I’ve greatly reduced the number of product reviews on my blog; this is to make room for glowing testimonials for the products and services I truly. freaking. love.
And I LOVE #Lifein4K.
Now, I know a lot of y’all followed along during my Blue Jays Home Opener Party. It was quite the soiree! We had food, family, fun… and the chance to cheer on the Jays while watching in resolution that’s four times better than HD alone.
However, one recurring question from followers was, “Is it really worth it? Should I invest in a NextBox 4K and/or upgrade my television?” I didn’t feel qualified to answer immediately, simply because we still needed time to get comfortable with the TV (the settings! all the settings!) and I always prefer to make an informed recommendation. The solution: hours and hours of 4K viewing. (Hey, this was the kind of research I could get behind!)
And now that I’ve had sufficient time to confirm heck-yes-this-is-the-best-thing-to-happen-to-tv-ever, I’m happy to submit a positive recommendation! Here’s what you’ll need to get the most out of 4K:
NextBox 4K (Comes with complimentary professional installation. Not available for in store pick-up.)
Rogers 4K content. Now available on Ch. 999.
A 4K-ready TV, like the Samsung 55″ SUHD 4K Flat TV.
And here are 5 Reasons to Live Your Life in 4K:
1. A new era of picture quality. I know, you’ve got an HD television and you think it’s the bees knees. But let me be the one to tell you it’s simply not good enough. With a 4K television, you can view an even wider range of brilliant and vibrant colours enhanced to be so lifelike, they make everything you watch seem real. And, ultra HD viewing means you can see every intricate detail on the screen clearer than ever. You truly have to see it to believe it!
2. So real, it’s like you’re right there. The very next day, after our home opener party, we attended a live game at the Rogers Centre. I had one message for @RogersBuzz:
It’s true. In fact, one could argue that the experience with a NextBox 4K is even better, because you’re in the comfort of your own home, there’s no traffic to fight, and beer does not cost $9.79 per glass. And, you’ll have a chance to catch every 2016 Toronto Blue Jays home game in 4K; Sportsnet 4K and Sportsnet ONE 4K are North America’s first 24/7 dedicated sports feeds featuring 4K content including all 81 Blue Jays home games this season.
3. More entertainment in 4K. Sure, 4K is normally thought of as a “sports thing” – mainly because the action is plentiful, the feelings are intense, and a win for the home team is so emotionally satisfying. However, 4K sports are only the tip of the iceberg; Rogers will be unveiling much more 4K content as the year progresses. Stay tuned! (Pun intended!)
4. Be the envy of the neighbourhood. Imagine inviting your friends over to watch the ol’ ball game. And then imagine their reaction when they watch the action on your Samsung 4K SUHD TV. Now I don’t necessarily talk tech, but I can tell you this: the SUHD TV delivers incredible colour and brightness, allowing your viewers to experience stunning colors, deep contrast, incredible brightness and 4K resolution. Think of it as an investment into your happiness. (Because, really, I’m damned happy watching this TV.)
5. Do the math. Then schedule your installation. I know it’s on the minds of many of my readers, so let’s just get to it. The cost! For starters, you’ll need a television with 4K resolution. Luckily, as all technological gadgets do, they’ve really come down in price over the last few months. With a little savvy searching, you can find 55-inch flat panel televisions for under $1,000! However, since all the electronics in my home are Samsung, you can tell where my preferences lie.
Next, you’ll need a Rogers NextBox 4K, which has a very affordable rental fee of $12.95 per month (and FREE professional installation). Now do the math: if you spent a total of $1305.60 in the first year ($1,000 4K television, monthly rental for 12 months, plus taxes) you’d be spending roughly the same amount as attending just four (4) live Toronto Blue Jays baseball games as a family of four. Instead, you could be inviting as many friends/ family as you please and taking in all 81 home Blue Jays games in 4K – from the comfort of your living room. It’s a no-brainer!
Have I convinced you to live a life in 4K? My friends at Rogers and Samsung, who provided my NextBox 4K and SUHD 4K television, have hit one out of the park (pun intended) by offering Listen to Lena readers the chance to win a Samsung Galaxy S7 – valued at $899.99!
The Samsung Galaxy S7 is elegant and designed for everyday use. It features a metallic design that’s not only stunning, but also water resistant. Its dual-photodiode sensor and faster autofocus lets you shoot pictures like a pro. With an expandable microSD card, providing up to 200GB of memory, you can take all the pictures and 4K videos that your life demands. As the first smartphone to integrate Vulkan PC-quality gaming experience and Samsung’s proven battery innovations, the Samsung Galaxy S7 knows no limits.
Simply fill the form below with your qualifying entries – good luck!