Ah, school lunches. Experts predict that by the time a mom sees her kids through high school, she will have prepared, on average, 10,350 school lunches. Let’s just take a moment to absorb that number (and perhaps have a little cry). Okay, so we can’t get out of making lunches, but we can make it more fun! Ladies and Gentlemen: It’s the contest that keeps giving back. Introducing the Appehtite Back-to-School Recipe Challenge!
Why it’s Awesome: You could win $5,000 in groceries for a year!
The Ask: Your appehtask is to create a delicious back to school dish every kid will want to dig into. All recipes must include a participating product from Maple Leaf, Maple Leaf Prime, Schneiders, Hygrade, Sunrise, and/or Larsen. To be entered into the contest, you must:
– Create a fully developed recipe, complete with ingredients and directions
– Provide a brief description of your recipe
– Include a quality recipe photo with your post
– The recipe must be an original creation, made by the Entrant
– The photograph submitted must be an original photograph taken by the Entrant
– No third party logos, trade-marks or other material
How to Enter: All the details right here.
Why it keeps giving back: In addition to having a chance to win a cool $5K in groceries, you’ll also find a ton of inspiring back-to-school food ideas! Like An Apple a Day Ham Sandwich Lunch or Soup and Turkey Grilled Cheese Lunch. In fact, you could build an entire week’s meal plan on some of the recipes featured in this fun challenge. And if your little one is in JK this year, that means you’ve only got 10,343 lunches left to worry about. (I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist.)
Enter the challenge today! Good luck all, and have a happy back-to-school!